Butterfly

INCOMING CALL: LEAH WILLIAMSON

I quicky stand up and walk upstairs to my room. I close the door behind me and pick up the call.

''Hello?''

''Hey butterfly''

I stay silent for a few seconds. Leah too. I get myself together and speak up as I sit on my bed.

''So, what's up Le?''

I can't see her but I can still see that stupid smile on her face. I hear her take a deep breath and then she speaks up once again.

''Is it true you're with Alexia Putellas now?''

I laugh in the phone. Why does she care? We have been broken up for about two years now. I then speak up.

''Why? Jealous huh Williamson?''

Now she laughs in the phone. Even though she broke my heart in a million pieces, I still have love for her, but just in a different way. I mean we had to, because we still played at Arsenal together.

''A little.. but seriously? Not to be rude, but you were very closed off since we broke up..''

I nod. I then stop after a few seconds, knowing she can't see it. It's pretty brutal to hear what Leah just said. I know it's true, I mean I didn't believe In love anymore. I found love fake and destined to fail. But Alexia made me feel something that made that feeling go away, if I liked it or not.

''I know Le..''

Leah stays silent for a moment. Suddenly she speaks up, with a question that makes me think a little.

''Does she make you laugh?''

''She doesn't make me cry''

Leah stays silent again after my answer. I stay silent too. Leah knows what she did wrong. So do I. I mean, more than anyone. What she did to me was something I never thought she would do. We were so happy together. We were unstoppable together. I mean, during the training match, we never got put in the same team because we were too strong.

All those good memories, they are now buried somewhere under a pile of garbage, which Leah herself created. I remember her apologizing over and over again. I also remember I didn't say anything and just walked out of our apartment.

TWO YEARS EARLIER

''Le I'm home!''

I shout as I shut the door behind me. I then see two empty wine glasses, I shrug and place them on the counter of the kitchen. I put the groceries on the counter as well. I sit on the edge of the couch and take off my shoes. I put them on the shoe rack. I find it weird Leah hasn't respond yet so I walk to our bedroom. I wanted to put on my pajamas on as well. Wednesday is our movie night. When I open the door, my smile fades.

Leah is in there, on our bed, with the one and only, Jordan Nobbs. Jordan was one of my closest friends at Arsenal. I can't believe what I'm seeing. I shake my head, walk out of the room again and put on my shoes. I grab my phone, charger and a clean hoodie that was hanging on the laundry rack. Leah runs into the room, now with some clothes on.

''Yazmin I'm so sorry! This wasn't supposed to happen! Please stay so we can talk''

I turn to Leah. I have tears in my eyes.

''What is there to talk about Leah? Because I know it WAS supposed to happen, I just wasn't supposed to find out! We're done Leah''

I grab my keys and walk out of the apartment. I got in my car with tears streaming down my face. I drove to Beth and Vivianne. As soon as Viv opened the door, she pulled me into a hug. Vivianne was like that. She was there for anyone at anytime. She walked me to the living room and there was Beth sitting. She sees me and Vivianne and Beth share a nod. She stands up and hugs me. Vivianne walks to the kitchen to make me some tea. Vivianne also grabbed me one of her jogging pants and a sweater.

That night, Beth, Viv and me just watch TV with popcorn and a lot of chocolate. I slept on the couch that night. The next day we had training again. I show up with Beth and Vivianne and people look confused. I was passing the ball with Kim Little when Leah and Jordan show up together. This makes people even more confused.

Beth walks to me and hugs me once again. God she knows me so well. Training begins. Leah and I don't say a word against each other. We only do when coaching each other during the training match. After training I was standing with Beth, Vivianne, Kim and Lotte when Leah walks up to me. Beth and Vivianne look extremely mad at her. I say its okay and they leave me and Leah alone. I start taking off my cleats as Leah still stands there.

''Are you going to talk or not? If not, leave''

She nods and lets out a nervous sigh.

''I'm-''

''Don't even finish the sentence Leah. I know you don't mean it. Let's just let things go yeah? Tomorrow I will come by after training to pick up all my stuff. It's over, Leah. And you're the only one to blame here''

With those words I walk away from her. She stands there, tears coming into her eyes. I went home with Beth and Vivianne again.

After a few weeks, I accepted the fact me and Leah were over. I got closed off to anyone, except Beth and Vivianne. They helped me through it all and were the only ones I could trust. After two months or so, me and Leah were starting to talk more again. We weren't like how we were, of course, but we could laugh with each other again. Beth and Vivianne were happy to see that.

Even though I could laugh again, didn't mean my mind wasn't still replaying the memories of that night over and over and over again.

Then two years later, I got a contract deal with Barcelona and before I knew it, I was saying goodbye to everyone. I know I found it hard, but I also knew this was my change for a new start. One where I wouldn't let love destroy me, one where I would focus on me, and only me. I didn't had anyone to make proud, except for myself. Barcelona was going to be a new start.

soooo, this episode is a bit background information!! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT ITTTT?? I made this chapter a bit longer because we had a few shorter ones! I hope you guys enjoyed it once again and stay stuned for the next partss! Love you all!

XX