//Chapter eleven//

After breakfast you went upstairs and put on your favorite black workout set really quick, your baby pink Adidas and put your long hair in a voluminous ponytail. Bunny and Jake brought you to the gym and did their workouts while you had another boxing class. You loved how every single thought vanished from your brain while you were working out and you could fully foxing on the sport. While you took a break after an hour of boxing you sat down on one of the benches in the back and drank some of your lemon water, as you did so you overheard a conversation of two men not far from you.
"Haven't seen Raymond in here for a while now. You know why he stopped showing up?"
"Nah man. He's probably too busy with work."
The other guy rolled his eyes and went back to his workout. Raymond came here regularly? Why didn't he tell you about that. You weren't surprised because he did look fantastically fit but you were confused about why he doesn't show up anymore. You decided to ask him about that the next time you'd see him.
"Ready to continue?"
Your coach asked you.
"More than ready."
You said as you got up and your hair flew around. After the work out sesh the two guys brought you back home to Raymond, after you arrived you immediately took a quick shower and put on some music. You brought your music box with you into the kitchen and made yourself a green smoothie. The song ended and a new one started playing, "Murder on the dance floor" by Sophie Ellis-Baxtor was on and you felt euphoria rush through you. While your smoothie was being mixed you started dancing and singing along. Not caring about anything at the moment, you were glad you were able to do that, forget about everything for a second, and felt a bit at home again. As you were dancing you didn't notice you were suddenly being watched. After another refrain you turned around and faced the doorframe. You screamed loudly and jumped back.
"OH MY FUCKING GOD!"
Raymond was leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed and a smirk on his face as he chucked.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."
He held up his hands as a sing of innocence.
"Again."
You said more calmly now, still a bit out of breath. You turned down your music and poured your smoothie into a glass, when you turned around you saw Ray sitting on one of the kitchen chairs, he had taken off his tie and was just loosing his shirt by unbuttoning two of the first buttons. You leaned your back against the counter and sipped your smoothie while watching him, he leaned back in his seat ans sighed. He seemed exhausted and tired but somehow that made him so much more attractive. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes for a second before looking at you, you in your little shirt and your little jeans, you with your long hair and gorgeous eyes. He felt a strange sudden urge inside him that made him stand up, it made him slowly walk over to you even though all he wanted at the moment was walk to the couch and take a nap, it made him stop only a feet in front of you while you looked you looked up at him slightly confused and startled. It almost made him grab your glas, throw it behind him before he'd grab your legs, put you on top of the kitchen counter and make out with you until you saw stars. But he had enough self control to prevent that from happening, he looked down at you for another moment and then decided to grab a glas from the cupboard above you and pour himself some water into it.
"I'm going to take a nap."
He said calmly as he had already turned his back to you and walked into the living room. You hummed a small yes because you couldn't get out any more than that. After he had lain down you turned around to the counter and mumbled a small "what the fuck" to yourself and put your glas aside as you had finished it. You quietly walked up the stairs and put on some headphones, grabbed a book and started reading until it started to become dark outside. You were pulled out of your book fantasy as your phone rang. "Mickey" it said on the lock screen. You picked it up and answered.
"Hey. What's up?"
"Are you going to come for dinner today? My chef is making steak."
"Uh. Sure."
"Perfect. Bunny and Jake will pick you up at 8."
"Ok. See you then."
He hung up after saying goodbye and you put your phone aside again. Did you want to go have dinner with your brother and his unnaturally beautiful wife? Not necessarily. But you did anyway. Before you'd leave you wanted go ask Raymond about the gym thing though, so you went downstairs and searched for him.
"Hey Ray?"
You looked all over the house for him, but he wasn't there. You decided to check the garden and in fact there he was. But he wasn't alone. He was in company of a tall, blond woman with an incredibly short skirt and unnaturally big lips. They were talking while sitting under the barbecue-feet warming-roofed-table and she seemed to be dangerously interested in him. You didn't know why but somehow that made you very jealous. You walked outside and hoped he would tell you that she was just a relative or something.
"Hey. Everything alright?"
Raymond asked and instantly got up as he saw you coming. You couldn't tell if it was because he felt somehow caught or if he was genuinely worried.
"Yeah. Everything's perfect."
You said while wearing the fakest smile.
"Aren't you going to introduce me?"
The woman asked in a strong Russian accent.
"Of course. This is Magda. She works for your brother. We were just discussing some business. And Magda, this is Y/N."
You hoped with all your heart he would say something about you, something good, something nice.
"She is living with me."
You couldn't keep yourself from smiling. You enjoyed the fact that he didn't mention you being his bosses sister, or him being your bodyguard, or that you weren't in a relationship. But you enjoyed the woman's face the most. She got up and grabbed her leather purse before walking towards her car.
"Goodbye Raymond."
She said with a hint of annoyance in her tone. I chuckled as she left.
"What?"
He asked as he saw me laughing.
"Nothing."
I lied.
"Hey, listen. I wanted to ask you something."
He nodded as he sat back down.
"Spill."
"Today at the gym i overheard some guys talking about how you haven't showed up there for a while now. Why?"
"Well, you know. Since you came here i have different priorities."
"But you could come with us when we go."
He considered your offer and ended up taking it.
"Why not. Worth a try. Plus I'm in need of a good workout."
You sent him a big smile and he couldn't resist and smiled back. You walked over to the bench on the opposite side of him and sat down, you inspected your hands and opened your mouth tryin g to say something.
"So who was that woman? I mean you said she worked with Mickey but who...is she?"
"Well, for starters she is the fakest person I've met."
You laughed and so did he.
"She uh...she buys and sells you brothers...plants."
"Ah. I se."
You waited a moment before asking him:
"Hey, what actually is the deal with the russians? You only ever told me that Mickey did something to upset him but never what he actually did."
Raymond sighed.
"It wasn't actually your brother that upset him. I was on a sort of mission with Bunny and Jake trying to get a friends daughter out of a junkie hold. There were three boys with her in that apartment. Two of them some stupid idiots but one seemed more witty. He was russian and young but not stupid at all. He became a bit problematic as we tried taking her with us and put up a fight. During that fight he...fell out of a window."
You raised your eyebrows.
"He did what?"
"It was an accident. No ones fault. But his father, Dmitry was pretty pissed as he found out we were involved in the death of his only son. Soon before his wife had died as well so i guess i can understand his anger."
He exhaled loudly before getting up.
"You should get ready. Bunny will be here in 20mins."
"Right."