Prologue

The Outer Banks, paradise on earth. A place where you have to have two houses or two jobs. Ginny is one of the two-job people, a Pogue, as they're called. But she likes this lifestyle.It's freeing. Being with her best friends all the time is great.

Their group has five members.

The leader is John B., her brother for all that matters. He is funny and came up with the name Pogue. Ginny and he grew up together. Then you have the brains of the group, Pope. He's a bit of an oddball. The only other girl in the group is Kie. She's Ginny's best friend and loves the environment, trying to save Earth.

The last person in the group is Ginny's Pookie, Jj Maybank. Her future husband, as he likes to say. The two have been together for two and a half years, starting dating at the end of freshman year of high school, before John B. came up with the "no Pogue-on-Pogue macking" rules.

Ginny's life was good. She may have been living paycheck to paycheck, but she had her mom, boyfriend, and friends.

That was until nine months ago. Her Uncle John, or Big John as some people call him, got lost at sea.

Three months after he was officially presumed dead, none of his family would sign the paper. John B became under the guardianship of Ginny's mom.Right now, Ginny was looking at the weather reports on the local channel. Jj had his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Hurricane Agatha is on its steady march towards Kildare Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina," the news reporter said.

As the alarm began to siren, Ginny looked back at Jj. "I have to get home. Biscuit will be freaking out. Are you going home?" Ginny asked.

"No, still crashing at your place. Come on, let's go," Jj said, leading them to The Château.