Chapter 14

*Jordan's POV*

I kissed Benny. I really was sorry. I didn't want to hang out with Phillips. His whole 'possy' was just... Ugh. Annoying. They were nice, yeah. But they were annoying...

We broke the kiss.

"You really aren't embarrassed...?" Benny said, more of a statement than a question. "Nope!" I said, smiling. We hugged.

"C'mon. I ditched the guys... To find you..." Benny said, leading me to the Sandlot.

As we got there, everyone stared.

"So, the Trader returns..." Ham said, scowling. I was a trader?

"I told you Ham, she isn't a trader. She just needed to get away from things for a little while." I defended Jordan.

"Yeah, right." Ham said. Benny rolled his eyes.

"C'mon, guys. Let's just play..."

Okay, so... I wrote all this, then, when I came back to it, it was gone. It made me sooooooooo mad :( soo, I had to rewrite this. Sorry it won't be as good.

-----------

Its been awhile since I began to go to the sandlot again. Phillips has continued to be nice..  To me... And Dani has stayed out of everyone's way.

Right now, Benny was up to bat. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I figured it was Bertram or someone, so I ignored it.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Dani. She was slightly smiling. She looked past me then at me again. The nexthing I know, Benny is by my side, saying, "Why the hell are you here?"

"Benny... we need to talk..." Dani almost sounded sincere. I looked at Benny, who was looking at me. He nodded slightly, and said very quietly, "Okay."

They walked away, after Benny told me to bat, giving me the baseball bat. I walked over to home, and Ham looked at me. He has seemed to forgive me. He is nice to me, and doesn't say anything rude to me.

"Why is she here?" Ham asked. I shrugged.

"Said she needed to talk to Benny... I dunno... he told me to bat..." I said. Ham still looked confused, but shrugged it off. Dinunez (idk if thats how you spell it) threw the ball. I hit it to second. Squints caught it.

"You're off your game!" Squints called, laughing. I rolled my eyes, and ran back to home. We continued to do this for a while. Until Benny came back up to me. I smiled. He seemed like he wanted to say something, but couldnt.

*Benny's POV*

I walked over to Jordan, once I saw Dani was there. "Why the hell are you here?" I asked.

"Benny... we need to talk..." Dani said, smirking. I looked over to Jordan, and she was looking at me. I nodded and said, "Okay."

"Here," I said, handing Jordan the bat. "You bat." She seemed hesitant, but took it. We walked over to where nobody would be able to hear our conversation. "Okay, what do you want?" I asked.

"Benny...?" Dani asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Do you still like me?" She asked, stepping closer to me. I stepped back, so we were still the same distance apart. Why would she want to know that? Does she still like me? Is there a chance? Wait. That shouldn't matter. I like Jordan, and Jordan likes me. But... I do like Dani still... don't I?

"Umm... why would you want to know that?" I asked.

"Because... I like you..." she stepped closer to me again, but this time, I didn't stop her. She smiled. "Do you still like me?" She asked, again.

"Yeah... I think..." I admitted. She beamed. "Really?!" She asked. I nodded, a small nod.

"That's great! Do you wanna date again?" She asked.

"Um... sure..."

I think this is where its supposed to end. But I'm not like, 100% sure. Oh well. I have half the other chapter writen too. I'd write more rn, but its midnight... soo... have a great day or whatever... :)