part 25

Taylor's POV

My eyelids fluttered open to the sight of a dark bedroom, rumpled sheets, and a warm figure sleeping next to me. Blinking, I yawned and lifted my head, smiling to myself when my gaze settled on Travis' sleeping form. He was lying on his back, one of his arms strewn out that I'd been using as a pillow. Letting my eyes drift over to the clock to see that it was three in the morning, I ran my hands through my tousled hair.

There was an insistent ache between my legs when I shifted and I bit down on my lip, smiling. God, everything had been so unbelievable. I'd never imagined I'd ever have the kind of passion that I had with Travis. When we'd been together before all of this, it had been fucking hot, don't get me wrong, but now we'd come to realize what life was like without each other. We'd realized nothing could compare to the two of us together, and now, it was so much more electric, passionate, fucking unbelievable.

As I stared at the man next to me, I rolled the little charm on the end of my necklace between my fingers, rubbing my thumb over the features. Only when Travis had clipped the necklace around my neck had I realized how much I'd missed it, and I never wanted to take it off. 

A rush of warmth flowed through me and I couldn't lie there any longer, leaning over and pressing my lips very light against Travis' cheek. He'd given me so much tonight, but god, I wanted more. I'd always want more. Travis sighed as I kissed his cheek again, moving closer to his lips. Then his eyes fluttered open, blinking a few times before they focused on me and immediately crinkled as he smiled.

"Hi baby girl." He whispered, fingertips tracing gently up my spine.

"Hi." I whispered back, smiling as his other hand tucked into my hair and pulled me down for a kiss. Travis sighed against my lips.

"I guess I should get used to you waking me up for sex hmm?" 

"We both know you'll be just as bad." I giggled happily as Travis propped himself up on his side, kissing me softly as he trailed one hand down my leg. God, I was so addicted to him. 

We didn't speak, exchanging onto the intimate push and pull of lips against one another, against skin as we shifted closer. Earlier had been frantic, eager to make up for our time apart, but now, we truly took our time. We took our time re-memorizing each other, every freckle, every dip, every curve. I wanted to know Travis, every little part of him, and I knew he wanted the same from me. 

"I could get used to this." I murmured against Travis' chest a while later as we lay tangled in each other, the smell of sweat and sex covering the room. 

"You're going to." Travis smiled, kissing the bridge of my nose. "I'm going to make up for every single night you weren't in my bed."

"That's almost a thousand days." I giggled. "You're very ambitious."

"Hmm." Travis stroked his fingers down my spine, leaning down to brush a kiss against my lips. "I guess we'll have to get started then."

Travis' POV

When I woke up the second time, Taylor was deeply asleep next to me, breathing heavily. She was nuzzled up against my side, one hand tucked under her cheek. I smiled at her, glancing over to the clock. It was almost ten in the morning; thank god it was Saturday, otherwise we'd both have been late for work.

Knowing she'd probably sleep a while longer, I carefully extracted myself from the bed and got up. Our clothes were thrown all around the room, leaving a mess of chaos behind. Moving to my drawers, I took a pair of shorts and pulled them on, stifling a yawn. 

I went to the bathroom, my eyes catching on myself in the mirror and pausing. Then I chuckled, rubbing my hand over the many hickies speckled all over my neck, chest, and shoulders. She'd sure left her mark alright.