❝︎CHAPTER FORTY-ONE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐎 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑, 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 had been the best summer she's ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Even if she had to stay in the house the entire time, she truly didn't care. Being with her father, it meant everything to her. It felt like her family was finally a family and she loved it dearly. Her father had told her stories from his time at Hogwarts and Juniper loved sitting there and listening to him talk, she loved the way a smile would grace his face every time he would mention James or Remus and how a frown pulled on his lips whenever Peter came up into conversation.

Juniper sat there on the couch, her legs laying in her fathers lap with his arm wrapped around her. It was like they were both scared that the other would disappear. Anastasia Black had never been more happy in her life than she had that summer. Her daughter and her husband were talking like they hadn't been apart for twelve years, and Anastasia would forever be grateful. A smile seemed to stay on her face permanently. The two people that she loved the most were under the same house. Her family was finally together. She had waited so incredibly long for this, and now it was here and it was more than she could have ever hoped for.

"Dad," Juniper hummed, "out of all the stories you've told me, you've never told me how you and mom met. Mom's mentioned a few things, but I tried not to ask her about you because it would make her sad."

Sirius glanced at Anastasia who had walked in quietly, leaning against the doorway as she watched the two of them interact. He smiled to himself before looking at his daughter. "Well, the first time I ever met your mother was on the train in first year. I met her and James on the same day. She was very closed off that first year because of what happened to her parents, but even though she was always frowning and kept herself tucked into James' side, I had thought she was the most beautiful girl the moment I laid eyes on her."

Anastasia rolled her eyes. "Oh please, as if." Anastasia walked further into the room, taking a seat on the arm of the couch. "Your father was the playboy of Hogwarts."

Sirius chuckled. "Yeah. . . I can't deny that."

"In fact, he didn't even make a move on me until fifth year."

Juniper frowned. "Why'd you wait so long?"

Sirius shrugged. "Because she was basically James' sister. They called each other brother and sister all the time, and James had threatened my life multiple times and told me if he ever caught me trying to make moves on his sister, he'd killed me." He chuckled. "The first time we ever kissed was at a party. We were playing 7 minutes in Heaven, something one of the muggles had picked up and made quite popular around the school. It landed on your mother and I and well. . . that's when our first kiss happened."