1

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Athena and Nevaeh step out of the taxi, which was parked poorly outside of the local bar which sat down a side street in the bustling capital - London. The girls tried to avoid the rain from ruining themselves they both scurry inside hand in hand laughing. As they both stepped inside the warmth and pungent smell of beer hit their faces with the mix of cheering and loud male laughs from the far corner. Before stepping any further Athena brushed down her short white dress, Neveah flattened and adjusted her hair.

The two of them walk over to the bar to order the first drinks of the night. Nevaeh lent over and rested her arms before quickly pulling back due to the sticky residue left from the beer. "I'll take a vodka and lemonade" Athena smiles whilst rustling around in her bag to find her card, she tilts her head towards the bar to indicate Nevaeh to order what she wants. "Oh uh- I'll take a strawberry daiquiri" she asks caught of guard
"Alright tap your card when you're ready" the bartender says. Athena taps her card and the bartender starts to make the drinks

"Busy her tonight innit? I wonder why?" Athena questions whilst being bashed into multiple people who surround the bar. She rolls her eyes.

"Probably a football match on?" Nevaeh suggests whilst scanning the area slightly. "Y'know what British people are like for football" she jokes

"So true. You should see my dad when man united loose. Jesus. I honestly think something is severely wrong with him" Athena laughs

Athena's drink is placed on the wooden counter with lemon which floats with ice cubes. "Ugh I hate these paper straws" she mutters to herself whilst placing one carefully into her drink. Before taking a sip she mixes the drink with the straw making the ice bash into the side of the glass leading to a consistent clinking noise. Then a strawberry daiquiri is placed in front of Athena, she places a straw into it and mixes it before passing it to Nevaeh, "thank you" she says.

"Now to try and find a seat" Athena expresses. She stands on her tip-toes whilst turning around to try and find a nearby table. The deep brunette squints her eyes before finding a two table shoved in the corner with only one seat there and a fluorescent light hanging on the wall for dear life. She lets out a sigh before returning flat on her feet and facing Nevaeh. "It's not the best seats, but it's all that's available for now" complains Athena whilst rolling her eyes.

"A seat is a seat, I guess?" Nevaeh says trying to make the best out of the situation. Athena pulls a face at her leading to Nevaeh to shrug her shoulders. "Go on lead the way before someone else sees it!" Nevaeh urges.

Athena turns back around and starts to lead the way over whilst trying to barge her way through the massive crowd which surrounded the bar like a beehive. The light haired brunette starts to follow her before a large cheer is heard from the opposite side of the pub, she looks over and carries on walking - assuming she knows where she's going. As she turns back around realising what she's doing she collides into a man holding a beer. As the beer tilts over so does her strawberry daiquiri. The beer spills into her hair as her drink spills onto the man's white top. Both of them take a step back and both instantly look at each other.

The man doesn't look angry, he looks more concerned for the amount of beer which is now in the girls hair. Nevaehs hair became dark from the liquid which was now drenched in her "Oh my god I'm so sorry" the man apologises profusely, "Is there anything I can do?"

Nevaeh could feel the cold beer trickling down her back and dress but that wasn't her main concern. She'd just split a red drink down a strangers top. "No I'm fine honestly. I'm so sorry about your top. Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked. As much as she wanted to scream at this man who'd poured beer in her freshly done hair, she couldn't. She was the one who wasn't looking. The red liquid seeps through his top making it stick to his skin out lining his body. Nevaeh was taken back by the man's figure but tried to brush it off, the situation was already awkward enough. She didn't want him to see that she was checking him out.

The man looks in between people who surround the bar to try and find something to clean up the mess. He stretches his arm through the crowd to reach for napkins on the side next to the pot of straws near the till. "Here" he says to her whilst passing her half of the napkins. She unfolds one and starts to seep the beer out of her hair. The pungent smell fills her nostrils making her pull a disgusted face as she lifts her hand off her hair whilst the napkin stayed glued to her hand. She grabs another napkin and repeats the process.

"Let me help you, it's the least I can do" he suggests holding out a napkin, he could tell Nevaeh was struggling to clean herself up.

"Are you sure?" She questions "after all it's all my fault, like you should be so mad at me for staining your white top! I'd be so mad if someone did it to me" she jokes

"True you should've been looking, but to be honest I wasn't really looking, so it's the least I could do" he insists. Nevaeh wasn't sure if he was just lying about him not looking so she didn't feel as stupid or he was telling the truth. Regardless she wanted to accept the help.

"Fine" she says dragging along the 'e' at the end. Nevaeh pulls her long hair around her shoulder to one side. He places a napkin on her back pressing firmly to soak the beer up. He places down his glass nearby and places his other hand on her shoulder. She felt her body come closer to hers - she could smell his aftershave, taking in the strong notes of sandalwood and lavender. His hand was warm unlike her cold, wet body from the rain. She could feel her face flush and she could picture herself with red rosy cheeks, her heart rate felt like it had increased rapidly. This was all because of a man who'd split beer all over her hair and dress due to her stupid actions, she didn't even know his name. He moved his hand further down her back pressing down firmly again and again. His grip on her shoulder became stronger and more firm each time as he moved his hand placement. "I think I've got most of it out" he tells her whilst patting the area dry for a final time.

Nevaeh turns her body back around and replies with, "thank you, honestly. You didn't have to". She looks up at his deep brown eyes which light reflects into making them look lighter than they actually are, she smiles.

"Yeah no it's fine" he smiles back " but you owe me a new drink" he jokes whilst playfully bashing himself into her.

"Uh- you owe me a new drink as well!" she laughs back whilst also playfully bashing herself into him. A smile grows on his face. "C'mon we'll go to the bar and get another one now" she suggests, leading him to the bar.

"Make sure you look where you're going this time!" he playfully shouts to her over the crowd of people who stand under the florescent light desperate for a drink.

"Oh shut up!" Nevaeh laughs as she turns her body back to face him through the crowd. All she could see was him laughing with a huge smile on his face. She smiles as well.

Eventually, both of them stand at the bar shoulder to shoulder. The man turns to her as they wait to be served. His brown fluffy hair falls over his face due to the humidity in the pub, he fixes it before asking her a question, "I never got your name, what is it?"

"Nevaeh, people do call vae as well" she smiles as their faces practically touch, "what's yours?" she questions

"Arthur" he smiles