Chapter One: Psycho Path

This was inspired by the book Venom by SneezingTurtle. Go check this girl out, she's amazing! Enjoy.

There he sat, his back against the cold hard grey floor. He stared up at the ceiling as he breathed through the muzzle they had put on him. Numb arms pinned down around his torso tightly and black strands of hair slightly covering half of his face.

Jack Veil spent years in this room, doing nothing but breathing and waiting. The same empty, blank expression on his face since he got there. The only movement besides his chest rising full of air, was his cold piercing green eyes, as he watched the same employee through the small door window that the man walked past three times a day.

Hades.

Sometimes Hades would enter Jack's room and they would sit in silence as he stared deep into the mad man's eyes. Why did he do this? Just like any other human being, Hades was curious as to what went on in this man's head.

So every other day they would sit in silence for hours. Staring. And though no words were spoken, Jack knew this young man as well as anybody did, just by looking into his soul through his eyes. That was one of Jack's powers. But not his greatest one. His greatest power of all was evil insanity. And indeed he was insane. More psychotic than all the men and women in the mad-house. He was feared by all of the town's people. They all knew of his dark past and hoped to never see the day that Veil would be let out. But one day their hopes were crushed.  

"Jack Veil" A tall buff man pounded on the cell door to get his attention. "You're free to go for no signs of illness" the man continued as policemen appeared to the man's sides.

Jack smiled from behind his mask, his eyes not leaving the ceiling. One officer untied the jacket, while the other took off the mask. Once everything was loose they took a step back as Jack stretched his arms and hands. His elbows popped along with his fingers. Finally he could move again.

Reaching his missed home in the woods, he stepped inside, the smell of dust tickling his nose. His cold thin fingers ran across each wine bottle as he made his way to the cellar. There, blood stains fading on the floors and walls brought back the memories of his past. Slightly smiling to himself, he stood there taking in the flash backs. A chuckle broke the silence that lingered around  the room. 

endlich frei, free at last.