"she did ballet"-lucy

I've organized the all of the graphic tees four times this hour. On this side of the mall, it's been a surprisingly slow day. Even with it being a Friday, we've not gotten many customers. Fridays are usually fairly busy. The store has been just us workers, until now.

I'm completing the idle task of rearranging change in the cash register when someone walks in. Then, I'm separating pennies and dimes when I notice that the customer looks extremely confused. As if it's their first time in the store. I was experienced enough to know that the right thing to do was ask this customer if they needed any help. I was the closest worker to the entrance of the store anyways.

"Do you need help finding anything?" I ask.

The blonde girl looks up at me. She seems to hesitate before responding.

"Yeah, I haven't been here in a while, so I'm not sure where everything is." She nods.

Finally, I have something else to do other than reorganization. I ask if she has anything in particular that she looking for, she claims she wouldn't mind buying a t-shirt. I'm honesty tired of dealing with the tees, but I couldn't be rude to a customer.

I show her to the wall of graphic tees. The collection is decently sized with a lot of variety. Some shirts are for bands, others are for shows, and a small collection just has designs. As I'm about to turn, to leave the girl to browse the shirts herself, she asks something.

"Is there a shirt you'd recommend?"

I really didn't want to talk about the t-shirts anymore. I didn't want to look at them, either. Though, I'd feel awful if I was dismissive to the girl. She'd only been nice and seemed genuinely interested in my opinion. I looked over the array of shirt designs. At this point, I knew the order of the shirts by heart. I reach for the stack of tees on the third highest shelf and grab the first folded shirt. The design is a print of a patchwork heart on a black shirt.

"Personally, I like this shirt," I hold it out, unfolded, in front of me, "It sells pretty well too."

"I'll get that then" the girl responds.

We both walk back over to the register, where I help her purchase the shirt. The change has still been left mixed up. It's a good thing she doesn't need any.

"Thanks for the help," she pauses and looks towards my name-tag, "...Lucy"

"Of course, it's no problem, enjoy that shirt," I motion for her to introduce herself as well.

"Tricky, I'm Tricky,"

"Enjoy your shirt, Tricky,"

"Thanks,"

Just like that, the store's empty again.