chapter eighteen

SEAMLESS - (CHRIS GREY)

- ROME

If I barely had patience before, I definitely lost all of it now while waiting for Isabella.

Who the fuck stays back after school for extra help? She is one of the many weird people who see school as a fucking festival, fuck that.

School was like a prison cell, a bunch of fucked up people all put in one sanction as if we're all going to actually get something useful out of school. Everybody is fake anyway, You're having a laugh if you think high school clicks matter in the outside world, popularity isn't going to help these dropkicks in the future.

To be honest, I feel kind of bad for them. False hope and delusions must be sad for students.

School, in general, is something I cant be fucked with, It's not like I even care about graduating and going to fucking university, I'm inheriting my father's company anyway, not like I even have a choice, I either inherit everything the second I'm out of school or hand it over to my Uncle Kade, who is dying to get his dirty scrawny hands on the company.

After waiting for a whole decade, Bambi finally steps out of the gates of prison.

Christ, she might as well have a fucking sleepover. I could swear the sky was getting dark, that's how long she bloody took.

She looks around as if she was being hunted down and makes a beeline towards my car and climbs in like some fucking super spy.

As I turned the key in the ignition, the engine roared to life with a loud growl. The sound reverberated through the car. Bambi jumped slightly at the sudden noise, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Well hello there to you, Charlie's fucking Angel." I tilt my head, if looks could kill I'm pretty sure Bambi would get a paper cut off me, she has the look of a killer deer.

It's almost ferociously cute.

I placed a hand on the wheel and the other on the gear shift, and I reversed out of the parking spot. I pressed hard on the acceleration before stopping harshly on purpose, Isabella jolts forward with a gasp before clutching onto my arm for safety.

"You idiot!" she slapped my bicep, "Sorry about that," I said, trying to mask my amusement. "She's a bit temperamental sometimes." I refer to my car.

I continued to mess around with Isabella, I kept driving and stopping the car abruptly before she finally caved and cracked a small smile. There it is.

Why the fuck was her smile so... I don't know, fucking heartwarming or some shit?

"What's got your pantie in a twist? You're usually all fucking Mary Poppins and now your acting like a grouch? Last time I checked you were made of sunflowers and ringpops." I looked at her for a split second before returning my attention back to the road, it was hard to keep focusing while driving a manual car and talking at the same time.

"It's nothing...just school stress." she crosses her arms and fiddles with the hem of her school skirt.

The light turns red and I pick up the speed and drive right past the light, before slowing down again at the normal speed limit, "Which subject are you stressing over now." My voice almost comes out annoyed.

"I...I failed my English assessment." She says almost feeling ashamed and clutches the fabric of her skirt in her palms and bites her lip in frustration.

"Failed? You?" I ask almost amusingly. I let out a small laugh, "Fuck, there's no way you're upset at one small test."

"This isn't just one small test Rome!" Her voice comes out strong, "You may not care, but I sure as hell do." She looks at me with helpless brown eyes. The atmosphere grows tight and tension builds up in the air from her silence.