Poems Memorization by Grade By Christian People For Christian Schools: Grade 1

A unique volume of over two hundred poems selected and graded especially for use in the Christian schools. Attractively designed to appeal to children for the purpose of stimulating their interest and enjoyment in reading and memorizing poetry.

The themes of the poems vary widely and include nature, portray and commend good character, extol faith in God, and present spiritual challenges for older students.
All the poems included are free from copyright restrictions and may be freely copied by teachers. The poems are classified conveniently by grades from one to ten, with larger print used for the younger grades. Poems vary in length from only a few lines to many lines.
The collection is also recommended for the home library.

To vary it up I will split chapters up by Grades and do Grades 1 & 3 first, then return to Grades 2 & 4 and etc.

Grade 1

Table of Contents for Grade 11

1. Long, Long Ago
2. Winter Mystery
3. Bed in Summer
4. Evening Prayer
5. Manners
6. Firefly
7. Don't Wake The Baby
8. Best of All
9. Dear God
10. My Friend
11. Each Today
12. A Child's Song
13. Merry Sunshine
14. The Wind (Who Has Seen The Wind?)
15. I Like Little Pussy
16. Time
17. When Children Eat
18. The Whole Duty of Children
19. Noontime Prayer
20. Springtime
21. My Gift
22. The Swing
23. The Golden Rule
24. The Secret
25. The Sunbeam
26. Overheard In An Orchard.

Majority of these Christian poems are anonymously published but there are several that do have their authors listed and I will list the authors that are indeed labelled immediately after their poems are typed up. I do not want money for this, I do not intend to publish it in an actual story for any time. This is entirely a private project for the love and admiration of God sending God's love out to fellow Christians, lost ones, lonely and underprivileged children and adults who might not have accessibility to the actual books.

1. Long, Long Ago
Winds through the olive trees
Softly did blow,
Round little Bethlehem
Long, long ago.

Sheep on the hillside lay
Whiter than snow;
Shepherds were watching them,
Long, long ago.

Then from the happy sky
Angels bent low,
Singing their songs of joy,
Long, long ago.