PART ONE!: espressos case story

In this AU of mine, madeleine and espresso share a small apartment in parfadiea to 'help with money' because madeleine didn't want to keep living with his family and with what money he had left he helped espresso. Occasionally cream puff and wallnut come over on the weekend (espressos nieces, latte + almonds daughters.)
Another thing I should mention about this AU (for all fics) is that with costumes like 'alluring cresent' (moonlight) and 'crimson knight' (madeleine) (like evil versions of the cookies) they are their evil twin in a sence, and try to ruin the originals life (usually by killing those who don't have or aren't evil twins.)

Madeleine hadn't been feeling the same recently. Whenever he would look into a mirror, he would feel a presence behind him, like his shadow was staring. He tried to talk to finacier about it, but she just said he was being delusional.

Madeleine was up late one night, training outside with his sword, when he caught a glimpse of his own face through the blade of the sword. He paused. He lifted the sword and looked through it again, it looked normal.. but he could see a blur behind it.

Madeleine shrugged it off as fatigue went back to training.
Though when it started to pour down rain, madeleine was still waiting for espresso to return home. It was quite late, so, he called latte.

Ring ring

Ring ring

Ri-

"Hello? Its latte!" latte said over rather phone, madeleine sighed of relief

"Hello latte, how you doing?" Madeleine asked, awaiting a responce.

"I'm doing good! Whyd you call? Your usually watching the Harry potter films with espresso by now." She asked, the smile on her face able to be heard in her cheery voice.

"About espresso, where is he? Is he working late or something?" Madeleine said. Latte didn't respond for a few seconds.

"Latte?"

"Oh, uh.. no he didn't. He said he was going home at arround 5. You sure he's not sleeping in his room?" latte responded, confused, but still happy.

"Uhh., haven't checked yet. I'll go now. Thanks latte, and sorry for being a bother-" madeleine said.

"No problem mads, glad to help the knight in shining armor!" she said as she hung up. Madeleine waited a few moments to see if espresso would walk through the door, but after a minute, he stood up and went to the room.

First, he knocked.

Knock knock

"Espresso? You in there?" No responce. Madeleine knocked again and waited before going to open the door, to see it was locked.

"Did he lock it this morning or something.," madeleine said as he went to the kitchen and grabbed the spare keys to espressos room, walking back, but pausing when he heard a crash from espressos room.

Madeleine stood still for a few seconds, waiting for any more noises. When it went silent again, he knocked again.

"Espresso?" Madeleine said as he put the key in the hole, turning it and opening the door.

Madeleine was met by the adjacent wall, and the mirror there. He looked at his reflection. A figure stood behind him. It was almost identical.. if you exchanged madeleines blue eyes for purple, and mostly blue and white clothes for black and red.

Madeleine turned arround and scanned the halfway behind him. Nothing.. was he seing things.? He turned back to the mirror, and the red version of him as still there (crimson knight btw)