Gensokyo, The Land That Divides Fantasy and Reality.

A/N: Okay. Some of you might be wondering what's going on. Yes, I have done this before. No, it's not the exact same. I've extended the chapter. A little background, I stopped writing this story shortly after the second chapter. I felt I wasn't prepared to explore so many characters. I was woefully unprepared to make a full story. To be honest, I debated if I should give up for good. But it seems a good amount of people actually liked this series. With that in mind, I've been studying the Touhou lore. Replaying the games, reading the mangas, and studying the characters. While I wouldn't consider myself a pro, at least I have more information than last time. I think I'm ready to try again. 

Before we begin, here's a quick guide for any newcomers. This is how I format my stories.

-----

Hi. So, this might be your first reading experience with me. If this is true for you, then here's a handy guide for your convenience.

A/N = Authors Notes. (Usually where I write my introductions and endings. Sometimes they'll appear mid-chapter to explain something further) Example: Check above or at the end.

" = Means a character is speaking out loud. Example: Nitori: "Delivery! Package for one Katsumi Okumura."

* = These show character actions. Example: Y/n: "Alright. That should be enough walking for the day." *He stretches* "Hopefully I can find an Inn nearby."

' = They show texts or writing. Example: Sign: 'Turn back. Nothing in here is worth dying for.'

Italics = Show when a character is whispering. Example: Y/n: "What the hell is a Lunarian?"

If the names are split they're either talking at the same time or saying the same thing.

Example(Same thing): Flandre/Remilia: "Let him stay!"

Example(Same time) (Same punctuation): Knowledge/Kokuma: "You should let him stay/He should totally live here."

Example(Same time) (Different punctuation): Meiling/Sakuya: "I wouldn't mind keeping!/I don't see why not."

If none are present and a character has dialogue, that means they're thinking. Example: Y/n: What am I, some sort of pet?

Plain text is narration. Example: With time still clicking forward with each second, he shouldn't stay anywhere for too long. He needs to explain his situation before he's stuck here forever.

With that out of the way, let's begin.

-----

Many lifetimes ago a young man is desperately looking for a way to escape his predicament. 

Young Man: There has to be a way out of here! There has to be! I'm too young to die!

Suddenly, in the distance rides a horse-drawn carriage.

Driver: "Do you need a lift?"

Young Man: "Where to?"

Driver: "Far away from here."

Young Man: Is this really safe? Does it matter? If I stay here, I'm a dead man. To hell with it. "Sounds good."

Without a second thought, the man enters the carriage. The horse-drawn carriage soon departs from his village with only one mission. Escape at any cost necessary. 

Young Man: I'll be fine. This is for the better.

Driver: "If I may ask, why are you in such a rush to leave?"

Young Man: "From what I've heard, there are whispers of invasion. I can't be sent to the lines. Not with my rotten luck. It's like a curse. I'll die before I ever see combat."