37 | Leave This World Alive

Começar do início

He'd find me.

I had to send a message, let it be known that I wasn't to be fucked with, I had too much at stake.

Stepping over the bodies that decorated the warehouse floor, I head back towards my car parked at the property's entrance.

Time fi gah a my yaad.

Miss me ooman, wish she was here with me.

The compound was practically pitch black, with no sign of life other than myself as I hurried towards my vehicle, eager to hit the main road.

I never liked doing jobs by myself, I felt more comfortable when I had backup.

But this opportunity presented itself and I had to jump on it.

Trigger finger did a itch me.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I pull it out quickly, scanning the caller ID.

Amina?

Why she a call me suh late?

I answer the call, pressing the phone againts my ear as I march through the gravel, my car locked in my view as the final destination.

"Yo babes, yuh good?"

"Yea baby, just wanted to check in on you, haven't heard from you all day" she replies, calming my nerves.

Pheww, as long as she good.

I worried about her, day in and day out.

She was my world.

Just thinking about her took my mind off everything, and freed up my senses.

"Yea man me good, juss did a finish up sumn...soon reach back in" I tell her, reaching inside my jacket pocket for my keys.

"That's good babe, I miss you like crazy, hate being away from you" she says, her voice low.

I hated being away from her, but I needed to ensure she was safe, away from all this shit.

"Me miss yuh more mama, yuh soon drop a me foot doh, just couple more days" I reply, unlocking the car door.

Me tiad like dog.

"Yuh know I love you Amina, wid me whole heart"

I meant it, she was my heaven on earth.

"Me love you more Mir, you're the love of my life" she replies, and I can't help but smile.

I pull on the handle, ready to slide into the driver's seat.

Need a shower too...

"Aye bwoy, if yuh know wah good fi yuh, doh mek a next bloodclaat move" A voice calls out from behind me.

I feel a sharp pain in the back of my head, as they press what seems like a gun hard into the flesh.

A throbbing sensation takes over me as they slam the metal harder once more.

A weh did fuck?

"Babes, a wah gwaan?" A confused Amina is next to speak.

"One second, doh hang up..."

I dropped the phone on the car seat, unable to reply to her as I tried to gain an understanding of the situation I was in and my next moves.

"Tun round badman, and doh even think fi draw fi yuh gun" the voice commands, and I hesitate a bit before obliging.

I had to get an in and try to at least get a hold of my piece.

"A who yuh now?" I chuckled turning to face them.