A little crush.

Cover by @marinazarif . Thanks!

Flashback

For some reason I've always felt that Nikki hated me and honestly this was very new to me. I mean I literally have never met anyone who could dislike me. Take Cole for example, I got the promotion he's wanted for so long and when I think he would never speak to me again he actually asks me out on a date. I was pretty surprised. He was known for doing some pretty terrible things to people who wronged him. I watched as Nikki wiped down all the tables as I leaned against the counter. I've tried, I've tried so many times to befriend her but she just didn't like me. I know it's stupid but I couldn't stand the thought of someone not liking me. "Hey can you stop daydreaming and do something!"I heard her say."I really don't get how you got that promotion."she muttered again. I rolled my eyes and started to the kitchen but before I entered,I turned."Nikki, what is your problem with me?"I asked bravely. She looked at me."My problem with you is the fact that you think you're perfect, that you're rich, the fact that everyone likes you, that you're great at everything, that your popular, that you have a hot boyfriend, that you can't do wrong, you don't even work her because you need the money,that you can't stand the fact that I don't like you". She said taking a step closer to me after every reason. She stopped right in front of me with pure hatred in her eyes."Soon you'll see that not everything can be perfect for ever."She said smirking."Soon you'll get what you deserve."

***

Amira Heartley

It was now the first day of school and after getting my timetable. I waited for the rest of the group to show up, where we also met, at the door of the cafeteria. Natalie had told Jason that he could hang out with us if he wanted to, I and Eli didn't agree because Eli thought Natalie had a crush on him and I just didn't want to be around him and I had already had enough him at work but he had already accepted the offer since he hardly remembered anyone from the school. This was a good thing as it meant he didn't remember I was the one who puked on him twice.

Speaking-or should I say thinking-of the devil. Jason was the first one to show up looking very lost as he looked down at the map of the school I presumed in the sea of chatting students. He still hadn't seen me and was looking around for any sight of us, I really didn't want to call him over seeing as we would be the only one's there and frankly I didn't want to have to make conversation with him. I sighed as he his expression seemed to grow panicked. "J.J"I called and he turned quickly. He sighed in relief and walked over to me.

He smiled down at me."Hey."he said and I replied in greeting."So...where are the others?"He asked looking around. I shrugged."They'll be here soon,"I told him."Let's see your timetable".He handed it to me and compared it to mine. We had art and English together. "You like art?"he asked. "Well, why else would I have picked it?"I asked him.Before he could reply a girl grabbed onto his arm."Hey guys!"Natalie chirped. "Hi!"Jason responded smiling. I didn't know what the feeling was but for some reason the fact that Natalie had her arm linked with Jason's and the fact that she'd been talking to him so much lately didn't make feel to good. I didn't respond to her greeting and just stared at my timetable.

"Hey Amira? You okay?"she asked in her chirpy voice. I shrugged not looking up. I didn't really get why I felt like this. My crush on J.J had ended ages ago, in fact I hadn't even thought of the guy until I found out he would be working at the diner.Soon enough Jonah and Eli showed up in their usually loud and cheerful manner.

"Whasap my bitches!"Eli called as he reached us. I rolled my eyes at his greeting as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He smiled at me which was responded with a scowl, he then turned to everyone else. His smile faltered just a little at seeing Natalie cling on to JJ like she was and flipping her hair as she talked to him animatedly.