Part 6

You didn't know what the hell had come over you, what had possessed you to act in the way that you did, tending to Van in the most unorthodox way

You didn't know what the hell had come over you, what had possessed you to act in the way that you did, tending to Van in the most unorthodox way. There were other, far more conventional and acceptable ways of stemming blood flow. You could have simply applied pressure. You could have made a makeshift bandage from a scrap of clothing. You could even have taken him to the bathroom to douse the injury in cold water. You could have done a lot of other things, but you didn't.

You sucked his fucking finger for gods sake...

The scarlet flush rises to your cheeks again in another wave of heat as your eyes dart across to where Van's sitting to find him looking back at you with that same expression he's been wearing since you came to your senses ten minutes ago. He looks like he wants to devour you.

You quickly look away, flustered, turning your attention towards the conversation that's flowing easily between Tom and Johnny and the other two band members who you've yet to formally meet. You can't follow what's being said though, all you can think of is Van's lustful expression, the low, guttural groan that had escaped him as you'd pursed your lips around his finger. You can't help but imagine what could happen if the two of you found yourselves alone right now, how it would feel if that same sound was uttered directly into your ear whilst he bent your prone body over the arm of the very sofa that he's currently occupying.

"Umm... Tom? I think... errr... I think maybe we ought to get going." You find yourself saying, keeping your eyes trained forward and away from Van.

Tom immediately breaks away from his conversation with Johnny, looking mildly surprised. "Oh... yeah sure," he replies, then his eyes dart to Van and back to you. "But didn't you want to go to the pub for a drink? Bondy was just saying that they're all heading there when they've packed up."

You look between Tom and Johnny and see their eager expressions whilst you agonise over your decision. You want to go with them, you really do, it's not even 10.30pm and the thought of sinking a few pints with Johnny, meeting the other band members properly and prolonging your night out with Tom is really tempting. It's just that you're not sure if you can handle spending more time with Van tonight after the finger-sucking incident. It's made you feel a certain kind of way and you're not quite sure how to handle it. It was all well and good when you could snipe at Van in public and then indulge in your secret little fantasies in the privacy of your bedroom, but the way he's looking at you now would suggest that he knows exactly what twisted path your thoughts are meandering down... and what's more... his are right there alongside yours. You can see it in the glint in his eye and the smirk on his lips as you glance at him quickly before turning to address Tom.

"I'd love to but maybe not tonight, hey? I mean look at the state of me..." You pull on the hem of your t-shirt, stretching it out to show the sticky rivulet of blood that's dripped there from Van's injury. "We can always arrange something else for another time."