Chapter 16

As a few days went by Ryan stopped his rude behavior towards Dove. He decided to earn her trust. The days were going smoothly but of course with Ryan it was like silence before the storm.

"Ms. McKenzie have a seat." Dove reluctantly sat across Ryan in his cabin. His behavior was unexpectedly better towards Dove but still she was afraid of his mood swings.

She kept her eyes on her fingers unaware of Ryan's intense gaze on her. After a few seconds of silence Ryan cleared his throat, grabbing Dove's attention. "Yes sir." Ryan hated the way she greeted him, so professionally. But he knew he himself was responsible for this mess.

"Ms. McKenzie I uh..." He stopped mid sentence and coughed.

"Sir is there any problem?" Genuine concern on her face brought a small smile on his face.

He shook his head while Dove looked at him with a worried face.

"Ms. McKenzie I know my behavior with you for last week was not at my best. I was rude to you and I am sorry for it." He looked at Dove for some reaction but her face went from worried to blank.

"Say something please." Dove looked at his pleading face and hopeful eyes, letting her face soften only for a minute. But as soon as his heart piercing words struck in her mind her guards went up and her walls surrounded her heart.

"You are sorry? You, Mr. Kent, are feeling sorry for your behavior? Do you think your sorry is enough for all those hurtful words? Those words were horrible and harsh." Dove was seething with anger yet her voice was calm for she knew people were outside and she was not ready to create any scene. She did not want to be the talk of The House. Due to anger she forgot that Ryan's cabin was soundproof.

Ryan hung his head low, ashamed, as he knew Dove was right. "I am sorry Dove." He whispered, hoping she would forgive him. It was not like Ryan to apologize for his behavior but with the lady sitting across him he would be ready to beg for her forgiveness by getting on his knees.

"Sometimes sorry is not enough Ryan." Dove mumbled softly, her anger fading away. Finally she used his first name and he took that as a hint to look at her.

"If it is so then let me make amends for it Dove please." His hopeful eyes made Dove's heart flutter and she realized it was hard to get mad at that man. She smiled inwardly, knowing how desperate he was for her forgiveness.

"Okay you have this chance, last chance Ryan."

"Really? Thank you so much Dove." His eyes brightened up. Dove giggled as he bounced up and down in his black leather chair while clapping his hands.

"I am so happy Dove. Thank you. Thank you." He almost yelled like a kid while Dove groaned and asked him to lower his voice.

"Why? Don't tell me you forgot that this cabin is soundproof. No one can hear us Dove." She shook her head embarrassed while Ryan looked amused. His chuckle earned a playful glare from Dove. He wanted to collect her in his arms and never let her go but right now he could not risk his new found friendship with her so he controlled the urge to embrace her.

"I should head back to my cubicle sir. I have some e-mails to reply and surely you are not free too. After all there are two scripts that you have to go through." Dove held the red and black files containing manuscripts of two upcoming writers.

"Yes we both are busy I guess. But before that I need to ask you something Dove."

She nodded so Ryan said, "Can I start with my mission today Dove?" Her name sounded so melodious on his tongue.

"Mission?"

"I mean I would like to act on the plan of making amends today itself. Are you ready for it?"