Welcome to Hell Ma'am. Dont Forget To Tip Your Local Cerberus.

*For all new readers, this is a second written draft that has minor changes from the first. This draft is unedited, and if you see grammatical errors please point them out to me. ^_^ (and for my first draft readers, thank you lots for reading, I love hearing your feedback @deinox @MonsterX_x @StephanieMartinez6 @Maryluliana). Be prepared for a more BAMF Ariel. 😈
(Cover coming soon; can't make one to save my life). the cover is made by @dalek_, & the trailer is made by @DoctorWhoFanatic77
Thank you, guyssss!
Song (I'll be adding them as I go, playlist at the end): What A Wonderful World; Louis Armstrong.
1:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell." - Oscar Wilde.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm dead.

And no, I'm not exaggerating.

I lean over the edge of Stonewall Bridge; watching as my body floats face-down in the water. There was a brief moment, a brief flash when I felt the water fill my lungs. And then there was nothingness. There was peace.

Before I died, I stopped to admire the view here. The moon had been full and bright. It illuminated the lake below; making the waves glitter and sparkle. They had a peaceful calm to them. And now, despite the disturbance, they still did. The waves, glittering like a blanket of diamonds, rocked me back and forth; the splashing of the water on the banks like a soft lullaby to my ears.

A gust of cool air washes over me.

In the distance, there are footsteps. I turn slowly to them. I turn to see the murderer that shoved me over the edge and into nothingness.

Despite it hardly being 7, I died when the sun was drifting low on the horizon. I loved to watch the sunsets. Always have. I loved to watch the way the light reflected off the water. The stars would peek out to say their first hello. The moon, dim at first, would inch closer to the center of the sky and settle in cozily for the evening; keeping a watchful eye out for all of London.

Now, London was deserted.

A thick fog covers the ground. So thick I can hardly see the city beyond. But I can hear my murderer's footsteps. He's disappearing quicker into the fog's darkness, and then he'll be gone forever.

No cars are on the road. No people.

Just me.

Me . . . And my murderer advancing through the thickening fog until it swallowed him whole.

Beginning to run after him, the ground began to ripple at my feet. Every step felt as though I were trying to move through quick sand. Impossible. Dreadfully hard. My bare feet were dirty, and rippled against the pavement.

The pavement actually rippled.

That's when I noticed him across the street; casually standing on the edge of the bridge. Carrying a scythe in one hand, he points his other hand out to me from beneath a black cloak. A bony finger extending out to me. Pointing right at me.

Chills run through me.

"Ariel Caverly - your time is up."

The earth began to open up in front of me. At first, it was only a small crack that formed against the ground. And then, like an earthquake, the ground began to shake... A scream rose in my throat, echoing all over London as it let loose.

The 'earthquake' shook more. The world shook harder and harder, and the crack in the ground opens to reveal a red-orange light. Smoke rose up from the ground. So did screams.