42. Scared Rabbit

Start from the beginning

"Why are you trying so hard baby? You are a weak woman, after all," His words pierced through my ears and my already bubbled-up anger reached its peaks as I came up with a fitting reply.

"A woman whom you tied down fearing she would kill you bastards? Or a woman whom you kidnapped to get your unworthy friends out?" I spat the words at him in sheer anger and disgust. His grip on my hair tightened but I refused to give any reaction and stared right into his eyes.

"How dare you?" His voice lost all his previous playfulness as he yelled at my face.

"Firstly, move away, you stink. Secondly, untie me and I will show you how dare I!" I declared and it seemed to stung his male ego as he untied my legs and hands. He didn't pay any head to his people who asked him not to release me but he cut them off.

My knee met his most sensitive spot as soon as I got free from the ropes and he fell to the ground holding his manhood yelping in pain. I hit the man who tried to attack me from the back with my elbow and punched him in the stomach. I know I can't handle all of them but these fuckers should be thought a lesson. I hope Adi comes here soon.

"I told you not to leave that mad woman," One of his men exclaimed and I hit him on his head with a rod nearby making him fall to the ground holding his head. Do I really hit that hard or these people are overacting?

I felt a stinging pain as someone slapped me hard and my lip burst. I could feel the metallic taste of my blood. I swung my leg high in the air and a sharp kick landed on the side of his ear. But two more men held me back and tied me down to the chair again.  A few more slaps landed on my cheeks once I was tied down soon a commotion started and I knew My Adi was here. 

Flashback ends

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times to adjust to the bright light. I looked around but I was alone in the room. Where did they all go leaving me alone? They surely deserve a punishment for leaving me alone after that horrible kidnapping. They forgot me, right? Let me forget them for a while.

I pressed the bell and a nurse followed by Bhai came in. Bhai's face was etched with concern as he rushed to my side. He patted my head and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before checking my pulse.

"Thank god, you are fine. I was so scared," He hugged me to his chest and I felt a few tear drops on my shoulder. I gently broke the hug and wiped his tears. 

"Why did you leave me alone here?" I complained with a pout and he chuckled between the tears at my childishness.

"Sir was here only ma'am. He just went out to bring juice for you as you might wake up soon," the nurse explained with a smile. I nodded at her and bhai forwarded the cup of juice to me. I had a few sips of it and Bhai placed it on the table beside me before wiping my lips.

"Bhai," I called out pulling his sleeves with my best puppy eyes.

"No! Don't do any stupid Prisha," He warned but I maintained the same look on my face and tugged his sleeves again and again until he gave in.

"Just don't tell them I am involved in this stunt," He finally gave in and I showed him a thumbs up grinning. 

Soon, my parents and Bhabi followed by Adi and his family entered the room with a smile on their faces. Mumma hugged me but I remained stoic. Soon, everyone hugged me except Adi who stood at a distance looking at me with love and adoration.

"Who are they, doctor?" I asked Bhai and the nurse covered her face with the notepad in her hand in an attempt to conceal her smile while my family looked at Bhai and me with a done face. I should level up my acting now.

"Who are you, Aunty? Why are you staring at me like you will beat me?" I asked Mumma and she really hit me on my bruised hand making me yelp in pain. Adi was quick to reach me and sat beside me with concern evident on his face.

"Is it hurting?" He asked carefully examining my hand and I nodded at him. Bhai looked at Mumma with accusing eyes while she rolled her eyes thinking it was my drama but it really hurt.

" Why are you even hitting me?" I exclaimed with teary eyes and Mumma's face turned from smug look to that of concern as she approached me again. I hid myself in Adi's embrace as I thought she would hit me again. After the incident today and the way they hit me, I am really scared of getting hit. 

"stop this drama, both of you," Mumma yelled and my tears started to fall free as it reminded me of the man who yelled at me with his disgusting eyes roaming on my body. My hold on Adi tightened and he too pulled me into his protective embrace.

"Mumma!" Bhai exclaimed as he sat on the other side and held me by my shoulders.

"Ask them to leave," I muttered hiding my face inside Adi's shirt and holding Bhai's hand in a tight grip. When both of them didn't react even after a minute I peeked up at them with my teary eyes and red face.

"Please, I am scared. Ask them to leave," I begged both of them and Bhai nodded immediately. 

"You guys please go home. We will stay here," Bhai declared. Papa walked to me and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Rest well, princess," He caressed my hair before wiping my tears and I nodded at him replying, "I will, Papa," My reply gave away my act but I didn't care anymore. It was stupid of me to pull that stunt but Mumma's reaction was not justified either. 

"So, I was right. This girl was acting," Mumma moved closer and I shrunk back into Adi's embrace as I hid my face in his chest fisting his shirt with both my hands covering my face on either side with it.

"Mumma, not now," Bhai's voice carried finality and Mumma stomped out of the room followed by others who gave me sympathetic looks. But I don't want their sympathy. The actual reason I tried to prank was to make them believe I was okay but it made me more vulnerable. 

"I am here, rabbit. I am here," I heard Adi softly whispering, placing small kisses on my temple as he caressed my hair.

"I will get her discharge papers ready," Bhai walked out of the room with a kiss on my forehead and a nod at Adi. I snuggled into Adi and held him tight while he drew patterns on my back soothing me.