2015 Wattpad Scholarship | FAQs

We will update this section with frequently asked questions.

Q: Is the Wattpad Scholarship open to schools outside of the U.S. and Canada? Is it only open to U.S. and Canadian citizens?

A: At this time, the scholarship can only be granted to students enrolled in U.S. and Canadian colleges and universities and U.S. and Canadian citizens. We wish we could offer it to everyone at this time, but this is requirement due to complex international laws around contests and scholarships and out of our control.

Q: When will the results be announced?

A: We will reach out to the finalists of the Wattpad Scholarship in early fall. Finalists will be notified and required to provide university enrollment credentials and a transcript to verify their eligibility.

Q: Do I need to do anything other than submit my essay on Wattpad?

A: Yes, you must complete a short application form, which can be found at http://w.tt/scholarshipform and tag your story with "Scholarship2015"

Q: Will this Scholarship be available in future years?

A: We hope so, but we don't know yet - in large part, it will depend on its success this year. Since it's a brand new initiative, we hope to get in front of as many students as we can. Best thing is to help us spread the word and to follow the profile so you're notified.

Q: Does my story need to be published on Wattpad as a public story?

A: Yes, this is the default setting so you don't have to change anything, but your story must be set as public when you publish it. Winning stories may be shared by Wattpad via social media or on Wattpad profiles so your story needs to be public.

Q: If I am entering as a college Freshman, can I submit my high school transcript?

A: Yes, you can submit your high school transcript if you do not yet have a college transcript. Remember, we'll only ask for your transcript if you are selected as a finalist, to confirm your GPA.