Chapter Seven: Fruit Of The Poisoned Tree

Comincia dall'inizio

"Is it good?" Kurt asked, leaning down slightly to get a better look at it.

Klaus hummed as he turned the page, "I would like to think it is. Since this is my fourth time reading it".

"Never thought he would be into reading" Blaine muttered.

He always thought the hybrid would just be into torturing and killing since, from the looks of it, that's all he's good at.

"Never knew the great Klaus Mikaelson would like to read. I thought your hobbies consisted of torturing, killing and choking other people" Kurt sarcastically said.

Klaus sighed and looked at his mate.

"You're never letting that go, are you?" Klaus asked.

"Not a chance" Burt scoffed.

"Not a chance" Kurt scoffed.

Burt smiled at his son.

Klaus sighed but nodded his head in understanding.

Rebekah soon walked in with a bucket and a sponge but before she could clean the carpet she stopped at seeing Kurt.

"Ah, good morning Kurt. I hope you slept well last night" Rebekah smiled.

"Good morning, Bekah. And yes I did sleep well last night" Kurt smiled.

"Good. Well, if you don't mind I would like to clean the carpet after some blood managed to stain it" Rebekah said.

"She does realize that there's a dead girl lying on the table, right?" Ms. Pillsbury asked.

"Uh, honey, I don't really think she cares" Mr. Schue told his fiance.

Kurt looked down and saw the blood stains on the carpet. He gagged a bit before nodding at Rebekah.

However, just as he was about to leave and go to the kitchen Klaus grabbed him by the arm and pulled him down to sit on his lap.

Everyone's eyes widened at Klaus's actions, having not expected him to do something like that.

Kurt looked confused, and flustered, and looked at the hybrid with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll get tired if you continue standing, love. And if you're really interested in what I'm reading then read with me" Klaus said.

"He could've just sat next to you. No need to make him sit on your lap" Blaine muttered.

He hated seeing his ex-boyfriend, someone he still loves with all his heart, getting close to that asshole.

It was bad enough that Kurt didn't drink the potion to break the soulmate bond.

Kurt blushed a bit before nodding his head in understanding.

He then looked down at the book in Klaus's hands and began reading silently. Klaus stared at his mate for a bit before looking back down at his book and resumed reading.

Rebekah, who was on the ground scrubbing the carpet, stared at the two of them as her lips twitched upwards slightly.

The girls looked at each other, grins appearing on all of their faces.

The interactions between Kurt and Klaus were to die for and definitely something worth fangirling over.

And the fact that Rebekah could see something going on between those two made made this even more better.

"Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone's worried about impending daddy-hood" Rebekah said.

Klaus shook his head and looked up while Kurt continued reading.