chapt. 𝐈𝐈

「i shouldn't be feeling this, but it's too hard to resist. soft skin and soft lips.」
girls - girl in red

on the way to the foggy swamp i spotted something huge in the sky that seemed to be going in the same direction as us

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

on the way to the foggy swamp i spotted something huge in the sky that seemed to be going in the same direction as us. unfortunately, i couldn't really see what it was due to the sunlight, but it was big, and it wasn't a cloud.

i didn't have much time to think about it though. i quickly realized i was the last one on the carriage and we were rapidly approaching the swamp.
i spotted the huge tree in the center with its branches hovering above the others.
calmly waiting for the carriage to stop i decided to check my stuff again, making sure i still had everything. i grabbed the dagger case, sighing softly and holding it against me. i figured i'd have to use it at some point.

"last stop, foggy swamp. sorry, this is as far as i'll take you." that was my sign to get off. i was about to thank the driver but he didn't waste any time in leaving me in the dust.
i grumbled rolling my eyes "thank you sooo much for getting me here..."

a loud impact sound coming from the swamp interrupted me.
i pushed down my worries "no turning back now i guess..."

__

as i got closer to the swamp, i noticed the atmosphere was changing in some way. the ambiance of the forest getting darker by the second. i quickly found myself in front of water.
i figured i'd have to just go in at some point and just hoped that i'd be able to find some dry land soon. i took off my shoes and put them in my bag before shoving my foot in the green water, feeling the mud between my toes.
"ew... you gotta do what you gotta do i guess."

fortunately the water only went up to my ankle. i started walking through the swamp, watching where i stepped.
i took out my notebook and started taking some notes. i also tried sketching some plants and roots. grasping the instant and drawing it onto a sheet of paper, but after wandering for a while it felt like thousands of eyes were set on me.
"this place is really creeping me out, i won't stay here too long."

turning around, i caught a glimpse of someone's silhouette before they rapidly ran away.
maybe they were locals? i wasted no time in running after them.
"hey! wait up!" i followed them the best i could through the muddy water and vines, it seemed like we were playing tag. at some point i could see their more detailed figure.
a girl with raven hair in an up-do that seemed around my aged, dressed like royalty. the prettiest i'd ever seen.

"wait for me! i need help!" she didn't even turn around, and it seemed as if she was taunting me by teleporting.
she finally stopped on a huge root and i ran towards her but as she turned around, she didn't look like the girl i had just been chasing anymore.

i was too late to slow down and the girl, just as surprised as i was, had no time to react because i found myself crashing into her, sending us both flying. "OOF-"