10 | THREAT

Riley put her phone back in her pocket, immediately reaching behind her to grab her coat from the chair

Riley put her phone back in her pocket, immediately reaching behind her to grab her coat from the chair. "Oh, shoot." She groaned, putting on her coat as her sudden movements caught her husband's attention.

"What's up?" He asked, ready to move out with her if she needed him to.

"The power line crashed near Aurora's daycare - they can't keep any children there with no electricity - I gotta go pick her up." She informed the team, noticing Voight nod from the corner of her eyes - acknowledging her leaving. Riley saw him grab his coat, ready to go with her. She rested her hand on his arm softly, "It's okay. You can stay. I'll head over to Firehouse 51 with her - I bet they'll need a hand over there with the people of the neighborhood."

"All right, call me if you need anything." He answered, reaching up to lightly press his lips against hers to bid her goodbye. She walked away right after patting his arm, rushing to pick up their daughter.

She got there shortly after and drove straight to the Firehouse in the pitched black neighborhood. Riley knew it was going to be a busy night for the police force and they would most likely pull everyone they could back on the streets. Riley didn't want their babysitter to stay alone in their blacked out apartment while they were busy out so she figured the safest place for their daughter was Firehouse 51. If she had to go, she knew the toddler would be in great hands.

All the way there, Riley hyped up the situation for the toddler, making her excited to meet the firefighters. The little girl claimed wanting to be one someday, saying she didn't want to be a cop like her parents because their job looked boring. Riley simply laughed at her statement, telling her she could be whatever she wanted to be.

As they walked in, they were greeted by firemen Riley didn't know who told them what was available for them. They continued making their way inside, landing in the common room. She was warmly greeted by the firemen from Truck 81 and Squad 3, all of them more than happy to see Aurora as they hadn't seen her since she was just a baby. Mouch, Cruz and Otis quickly took over entertaining the kid, considering her family. The little girl gladly went on with it, sitting on Mouch's lap as they showed her around.

Riley went over to Severide, smiling at him. "Hey, Kelly."

"Hey, Riley!" He exclaimed happily, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, I know. Things have been busy." She answered, noticing his eyebrows furrowing at her words. "You know, Jay coming back isn't all that easy."

"He struggling?" Severide asked. He may not have ever gone through something even similar to what Jay had gone through, but he knew what PTSD was like and he'd seen fellow firefighters go through it. Kelly didn't wish it upon anyone.

"A little, but we're pulling through." Rieley told him, forcing a smile out as her eyes scanned the room. She noticed two men in what looked like a heated conversation, she furrowed her eyebrows at them - the expression caught Kelly's attention. Suddenly, a fight broke out and two rushed towards them to stop the fight. Severide grabbed the instigator of the fight and threw him off the other boy. Riley was standing near the kitchen island as the guy slammed into it, his hand grabbing onto the kitchen knife.