Episode 5 - Alabasta Kingdom

Start from the beginning

  ───────── End ─────────

The slaps to her cheeks until they were blood red that she couldn't just give up and shamefully face everyone on the other side. She absolutely couldn't be that selfish when she was alive. So, she pushed on despite the pain, unwanted thoughts, and guilt. 

By the time her Shishou's ship had come across her, she was on the verge of death; delirious and numb. However, the weeks she spent on that little boat couldn't compare to the agony of recovery on her Shishou's ship. The first days of clarity and consciousness terrorized her to the point of insanity. To relive the good and the bad all in the span of minutes or hours- she couldn't tell with the sight of men in white and blue. 

With time, she could now oddly fondly think of those memories. Such as when she lashed out like a cornered animal, running through the ship, despite her weakened state biting and scratching anyone who dared crossed her path until she ran headfirst into a door and knocked herself out. 

It was honestly embarrassing to recall. She had to meet the captain of the ship while tied to the infirmary bed with a concussion. She fully expected him to kick her off the ship, but instead he laughed at her injuries and offered her a donut. 

The combination of the sweet dessert with her salty tears would be something she would never forget. 

His knowing grin when she begged him to train her despite not knowing who she was and why. He had been a harsh, borderline abusive, instructor, but she wouldn't have had it any other way. In those three years, he never once asked her what her goals were or about her past. 

It wasn't until she was laying in the infirmary from overworking herself that he asked why she was pushing herself so hard. He refused to continue training her until she answered it and when she did he literally knocked some sense into her before having her put under surveillance until she recovered. The training after that was even more strenuous, but he forced rest periods upon her with no opportunities to argue back. 

He turned a blind eye when he caught her practicing her Devil Fruit when everyone was asleep. He treated her like everyone else even when she showed up to morning training at dawn with visible eyebags. When she failed to keep up with the others due to her lack of sleep, he would have her run to the canteen for his coffee and donuts as part of the punishment. Only to then have her eat and drink them whilst running laps as the other half of the punishment. 

"Garp the Fist." What a fitting title for someone with punches that sent me into walls...

Yuria chuckled to herself before closing her eyes to enjoy the night breeze that had picked up. 

Yuria was severely conflicted staring up at the Sea Cat. 

I'm hungry, but...why does it have to be so cute? 

She was glad when Vivi made the decision for her when she whacked the Monster Trio with a mop. She explained that it was a sacred animal in Alabasta- much to Yuria's amazement and relief. She would definitely have to draw one later if they ever came across one again. 

"Wow, I wasn't aware you had brains, sword-guy." Yuria commented as Zoro had them tie white cloth around their arms to counteract Mr. 2 aka Bon Clay's Devil Fruit abilities. They all had their arms out in a circle.