Yaser walks out and I don't say anything or even move. I could tell Zayn is angry, the heat is practically radiating off him. His jaw is locked and eyes hard and cold. He stares at where Yaser was previously standing, his breathe uneven. Angry Zayn is the most scary Zayn. I might have forgiven him but I haven't forgotten what he did to me when he was angry in the past.

"Zayn," I finally find my voice. I can't stand just standing there for another minute.

"Don't," he warns. He drops my hand and walks out of the room. Well that went better than expected.

....

I talk into my apartment which is freezing. I'm guessing Kayla isn't home considering she can't stand the cold. I walk into the living room and sink into the couch. I puff out a big breath of air and close my eyes. Today wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst either.

A loud crashing sound echoes through out the apartment and I sit up. I look around slightly frowning. What was that? I hear another crashing sound and I jump slightly. It sounds like it's came from my room. I slowly stand up trying to be as quiet as I can and make my way to my room.

I slowly push open the door, not knowing what to expect. I see my curtain blowing all over from the wind. My candle and picture frame that has a picture of me and my siblings are on the ground shattered. I hastily walk in my room and lean over my desk to look out the window. I search the fire escape but don't see anything.

I guess the wind knocked them off my desk. I bend down and begin putting all the glass in a pile so I could pick them up. The floor in the hall makes a creaking sound and my head snaps that way. I don't see anything so I just shake it off. I'm being paranoid over nothing.

Once all the glass is in a pile I go to grab a trash bag and the vacuum. I finish cleaning it all up in just a few minutes. I throw away my candle which sucks because it's my favorite. I also throw away the picture frame away after I take out the picture. I rest the picture on my desk and lean over to shut the window.

I make my way down the hall to go back to the living room. That was kind of freaky, but the wind was blowing hard so it could have blown the candle and picture frame off my desk. I hope I have enough time tomorrow to go to the store and pick up a new candle and frame.

I freeze in my tracks when I hear two more creaking sounds coming from the floor behind me. It sounds as is someone just walked across the hall. I slowly turn around staring at where I heard the noise. I lean my head to the side hoping to see something in my room. I step closer when I can't see anything. I bite my lip, nervously and step even closer. As my foot hits the floor board the front door is slammed shut. I gasp and jump, scared. I turn back around going to the living room.

"Hey babe," Kayla greets me, taking off her pea coat. I sigh in relief when I see her. "Why is it so cold in here?" she rushes to the thermalstat and turns up the heat.

"Oh, uh, my window was left open and cold air got in," I answer and roll my eyes at myself. I was scared for nothing and was just being paranoid. I mean who would break in here? Plus I didn't notice anything missing.

"Oh well, how was work?" she asks, going into the kitchen.

"It was interesting," I shrug.

"What do you mean?" she asks coming back in the living room with a hot cup of coffee.

"Just a lot happened. How was your day?" I ask and she begins talking about her day. I try to pay attention but I'm distracted by what just happened. I know I'm just being paranoid and nothing actually just happened, but I can't seem to shake off this eerie feeling.

....

I yawn feeling extremely tired. I'm glad I don't have to be anywhere in the morning and I could sleep in. I tell Kayla goodnight and go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. When I'm done I go back to my room and change into pajamas shorts and an over sized t-shirt.

Just as I'm about to slip into bed I realize my picture isn't on my desk. I look around my desk on the floor and under anything that is on my desk but can't find it. I swear I put it on the middle of my desk when I was cleaning. Yet, it's no where to be found. I look again and when I don't find it I sigh. I guess it's possible I accidentally threw it away.

I push my thoughts of the photo in the back of my mind and lie down in bed. The thought of today and Zayn floats through my mind. It was really nice being able to see him working. He seemed to enjoy it and was actually interested in what he was doing. I never really deemed Zayn as a business man, but he is actually a really good one.

The one thing that has been bothering me, though, is that Zayn said his dad was dead. He is obviously very much alive. It was also obvious there was tension between the two and they didn't get alone very well, but I don't know why Zayn would lie. I hope that's the only he lied about. I feel so overwhelmed all the time and I don't think I could handle anymore.

...

I don't know how I feel about this chapter.

Anyways, who is your favorite character? And why?? :)

Goals: 34 votes, 20 comments.