Part 2

A few days had passed since the dwarves had ran though the forest and into Beorn's farm, with no sign of Beorn anywhere. Aspect had made breakfast for them every morning, knowing the day for their egress was soon coming. She had been talking to all of the dwarves and Bilbo, especially Fili and Kili who seemed like being around her maturity-age, and she had actually grown very fond of them all, and was a bit sad about the thought of them leaving to move on with their adventure.

Aspect passed Gandalf who sat by the dead fireplace, smoking his pipe. "Good morning, Gandalf," Aspect said in a luster tone as she passed him.

"Good morning, Lady Aspect," Gandalf answered, sending her a warming smile. He continued humming low, as Aspect started preparing breakfast for The Company.

One by one, the dwarves and Bilbo came into the kitchen and sat down by the table. Gandalf's calm humming got drowned by the dwarves buzzing talk.

Fili came, and made sure to sit down as close to Aspect as he could. "Good morning," he said when he sat down, smiling at Aspect who stood with her back to him, cutting bread.

She turned around with the plate with slices of bread, and smiled happily to him. "Good morning," she said, placing the plate on the table. "Did you sleep well?"

"Very well, you have made us a very comfortable sleeping area, Lady Aspect. It is much appreciated," Fili answered, smiling bright with a spark in his eyes. "How about you?"

"The same old," Aspect said, smiling back with a small laugh.

Suddenly, in the middle of the breakfast, the big door slowly opened up, and Beorn stepped inside. "Good morning," he said with a low voice, looking judgmental at all of the dwarves.

"Good morning," Aspect said and smiled. "This is our guests. Please sit down, Beorn, you must be hungry." Aspect nodded towards an empty chair. Beorn slowly sat down in the chair near Aspect.

"I thought you said they would leave a few days ago," Beorn whispered strict to Aspect. The dwarves was too busy talking about the route through Mirkwood, that they didn't hear anything.

"I am sorry, Beorn, but they needed more rest then I thought. They've had a hard road to walk, with a lot of orcs. I will pay you back for this, I promise," Aspect explained to him.

"Do not think about it," Beorn suddenly said, after minutes of silence. "I have been watching the farm, and last night I saw you and the dwarf." Beorn nodded slightly towards Fili, who didn't notice. "And you looked very happy, and I am glad. I do not think I have seen you that happy in many, many years, so if this makes you happy, then I am happy." Beorn gave Aspect a smile. Aspect blushed slightly, casting a quick glance at Fili before looking back at Beorn.

"Thank you so much," Aspect said to him and smiled, because Beorn was right, Aspect was the happiest she had been in years. Last night, Fili and Aspect had taken a trip outside, alone. Fili had wanted to see the farm, and Aspect was more than happy to show him around. They walked around under the black night sky filled with beautiful stars, and a bright half-moon, as she showed him around and told him stories about the place. Fili had watched her like she was the only thing he saw and cared about.

But it was not only Fili who made Aspect happy. She had gotten to see Gandalf again, who she had not seen in many, many years. She remembered him visiting her father, and he always brought toys for her and her brothers to play with. Bilbo was also a figure she had grown very fond of. He was, in a way, still a young hobbit, adventurous but careful. She already saw him as a good friend, and he could always brighten the mood among the dwarves. The same could Kili, who seemed to like Aspect too.