Chapter 91

After watching her sister, she promised to inform Gu Xi of the results when she came back, and Gu Chao went back to the hotel to get her things.

In order to go to Huo's house today, Gu Chao bought a pair of decent new clothes. He also spent a lot of money to buy some tea that the elderly loved to drink, as well as gifts for Uncle Huo Jiangyue.

After all, it's your first time visiting someone's house, and you're still your boyfriend, so you should be polite.

After picking up the things and seeing that the time was almost up, Gu Chao sent a message to Huo Jiangyue, explaining that he would wait at their house, saving Huo Jiangyue a wasted trip to the hotel to pick him up.

The previously empty flat floor no longer seemed empty because the two of them met frequently and purchased a lot of things.

The more Gu Chao looked at it, the more satisfied he became. Seeing that it was still half an hour before Huo Jiangyue got off work, he simply cleaned the master bedroom.

Because he didn't like his private territory like the bedroom to be visited frequently by strangers, Huo Jiangyue simply asked his aunt to leave the master bedroom alone, and Gu Chao would come and clean it up when he had time.

Not long after, there was a slight movement from the entrance.

Gu Chao walked out of the master bedroom and saw Huo Jiangyue standing next to the table with gifts of all sizes, looking slightly surprised.

Gu Chao explained: "I didn't think it was good to go to your house empty-handed, so I bought something. I didn't know if your family would like it."

Huo Jiangyue looked at him, a faint smile appeared in his dark eyes, He didn't say that he had prepared a gift for Gu Chao, but only said: "Yes, thank you."

"That's good." Gu Chao raised his lips. The paycheck hadn't been paid yet. He actually didn't have much money in his hands. He almost didn't buy these things. After spending most of it, Huo Jiangyue gave him a huge sum of money, but it always felt weird to go to Huo Jiangyue's house to buy gifts with Huo Jiangyue's money.

It was almost time for dinner, and the two went downstairs.

This time Special Assistant Liang was not here. Huo Jiangyue wanted to drive, but Gu Chao beat him to it.

"I'll do it."

Since he was meeting Huo Jiangyue's family, Gu Chao felt that he had to behave well. Otherwise, as Gu Xi said, what if Mr. Huo was dissatisfied and asked him to leave Huo Jiangyue?

Although if Huo Jiangyue hadn't asked him to leave, he wouldn't have left.

Huo Jiangyue did not refuse, nodded gently, got into the passenger seat, and helped Gu Chao set up the navigation.

The Huo family's old house was some distance away from here. Seeing that the destination was a mountain, Gu Chao couldn't help but take a second look and guessed that it should be a large villa built on the mountain.

And that's exactly what happened. Not long after, the car drove onto the winding mountain road. As Gu Chao saw it getting closer and closer, his hand holding the steering wheel tightened slightly, feeling a little nervous.

Huo Jiangyue didn't know if she saw it, and said slowly: "Grandpa is very easy to talk to, and uncle has a boring personality. Uncle... is grandpa's old son, and he actually has a good heart, but if he says something to make you unhappy, There is no need to think that he is an elder and let yourself suffer."

In the last half of the sentence, Huo Jiangyue emphasized his tone.

Gu Chao understood, the corners of his lips curled up, and he hummed.

With Huo Jiangyue's words, Gu Chao was no longer nervous.

The Huo family's old house is not a big villa, but a Chinese-style courtyard house that occupies a very large area. Gu Chao raised his head and glanced at this big courtyard, with surprise flashing in his eyes. Huo Jiangyue explained: "This is the old house of the Huo family. The house has a history of hundreds of years."

Is this considered an antique? Gu Chao blinked, nodded, and bent down to the car to take out the gifts. Huo Jiangyue naturally helped him share part of the burden.

A man who looked like a butler was already standing in front of the yard. When he saw Huo Jiangyue, he smiled and said, "Young Master."

Huo Jiangyue nodded: "Uncle Fang."

Gu Chao also said, "Uncle Fang."

Uncle Fang looked at it . Looking at the young man next to Huo Jiangyue, she said with a smile: "Is this the eldest young master's boyfriend? He looks really good. The old master and several gentlemen are waiting in the hall."

Huo Jiangyue led Gu Chao in . down the hall.

Gu Chao followed Huo Jiangyue without squinting. As soon as he entered the hall, he saw four people sitting inside. The old man at the top was very old, with gray hair, but his eyes were not cloudy and had sharp eyes.

Huo Jiangyue had a calm expression and called people in turn: "Grandpa, uncle, aunt, and uncle."

Gu Chao raised the brightest smile and shouted along with Huo Jiangyue. As soon as he finished speaking, he saw several people looking at him with expressions on their faces. Weird, especially the uncle, who looked at him back and forth many times with extremely shocked eyes.

What is this expression? Gu Chao looked at Huo Jiangyue with some confusion.

Huo Jiangyue did not explain, but the uncle spoke first, "It's strange, Huo Jiangyue, you still call me uncle?"

Huo Jiangyue ignored him and said to Grandpa Huo: "This is my lover Gu Chao."

Gu Chao immediately smiled at everyone and distributed the gifts to everyone.

When placing the tea leaves in front of Grandpa Huo, Grandpa Huo squinted his eyes, looked at Gu Chao critically, and asked, "I heard you are an actor?" Gu Chao nodded, seeing that

Grandpa Huo did not show any abnormality towards his age or work. From her expression, she guessed that Huo Jiangyue should get vaccinated with the Huo family first. After all, I heard that wealthy families like the Huo family don't like the profession of actors very much.

Grandpa Huo asked again: "Actors are usually very busy with work, right? How did you meet Jiang Yue?"

Speaking of this, Gu Chao thought of his not-so-good first encounter with Huo Jiangyue, and felt a little embarrassed, but he still told the truth. He said, "I was busy when filming. We met because I was crossing the street after my part-time job. I was too tired and accidentally fainted on the street. I fell in front of Jiang Yue's car. He took me to the hospital.

" Before, he and Huo Jiangyue discussed that if the Huo family asked any questions, they should tell the truth. Gu Chao also felt that the more real it was, the easier it would be for others to believe it.

Grandpa Huo was stunned for a moment when he heard this. When he learned that it was not at a messy banquet, his expression softened slightly and continued to ask: "Do you need a part-time job to be an actor? How many people are there in your family? Do your parents know about you and Jiang Yue? And How long have Jiang Yue been together? There is such a big age difference between you, what do you think? Do you really like Jiang Yue?"

Grandpa Huo asked a lot of questions in one breath, which seemed to be like checking the household registration.

Gu Chaozheng was thinking about how to answer better. Huo Jiang Yuemei Feng pressed slightly and protected him behind him in front of the Huo family. He said in an emotionless tone: "Grandpa, you ask too many questions." The uncle and aunt looked at

each other. After one glance, he smiled after being surprised.

The uncle of the Huo family was drinking tea. When he saw Huo Jiangyue protecting the calf, he almost burst into tears. He narrowed his eyes with laughter and said, "Hey, you're protected now? Dad just asked a few questions, but it's not I want to eat your little boyfriend..."

Before she finished speaking, Huo Jiangyue looked at his uncle expressionlessly, his eyes were dark and the air around him was cold.

The uncle's voice became smaller and smaller, and finally he simply coughed, muttered something, waved his hand and said: "Okay, okay, I won't say anything anymore. When you get married, call me and give you a big red envelope."

Gu Chao looked at it . Huo Jiangyue, who was standing in front of him, had a smile in his eyes. He reached out to grab Huo Jiangyue's hand and shook it gently to comfort him.

Seeing Huo Jiangyue's brows twitching slightly, his expression softened unconsciously, Gu Chao stood next to Huo Jiangyue, looked directly at Grandpa Huo, and replied: "My parents passed away due to an accident. There is only one younger sister in the family. My younger sister is sick and has been hospitalized all year round. When I met Before Jiang Yue, I was still working as a stuntman, so I didn't have much money and needed to work part-time."

Not only were these Huo family members, but even Huo Jiangyue, who had never investigated Gu Chao, didn't know.

Huo Jiangyue looked at Gu Chao in a daze, her lips straightened, her face that had just softened became serious again, her eyebrows furrowed slightly, she suppressed the heartache emerging from her chest, and quietly squeezed Gu Chao's hand.

Gu Chao didn't notice Huo Jiangyue's tiny movements. He had no intention of betraying him, so after finishing what he said before, he quickly continued seriously: "It was the time Jiang Yue sent me to the hospital. I fell in love with him at first sight. It didn't take long for us to be together. Age and gender don't matter. I only know that I like him very much."

At this point, Gu Chao paused for a moment, turned his head, looked at Huo Jiangyue, his eyebrows arched, his clear voice With a smile, she said: "And I like it more and more."

Huo Jiangyue's heart suddenly skipped a beat, and a strange emotion rolled in his heart.

Gu Chao fell in love with him at first sight?

is that true?

Huo Jiangyue's deep eyes stared at Gu Chao intently, his fingertips moved slightly, and he almost lost his composure.

Gu Chao was observing the expression of the old man of the Huo family and did not notice Huo Jiangyue. The old man obviously didn't believe in his relationship with Huo Jiangyue. If he didn't answer those questions, the old man would probably be more suspicious. Of course, he would work hard to prove it.

But what he said was not entirely false. At least when he first saw Huo Jiangyue beside the bed in the hospital, he was really stunned for a moment and had a great impression of Huo Jiangyue.

Later, as I became familiar with him, I felt more and more that everything about Huo Jiangyue was in his aesthetic point, not only the appearance, but also the strong and mature aura exuding from the inside out.

Therefore, Gu Chao just took advantage of the situation to express his love, but the effect was unexpectedly good.

The old man smiled for the first time. Although the smile was very weak, at least he seemed to believe in his relationship with Huo Jiangyue.

"Dad, Jiang Yue and the others have such a good relationship." The uncle said with a smile.

The uncle curled his lips and said, "Whoever likes this dog food will eat it, Dad, okay? The young couple are inseparable, so let them go after finishing the meal quickly."

Gu Chao felt relieved.

The old man snorted, his stern expression disappeared, and with a smile on his lips, he said, "Come here."

Gu Chao took a look and realized that the old man was talking about him, so he stepped forward. As soon as he got closer, a thin red envelope was stuffed into his arms.

"The tea is good," the old man said.

Gu Chao took the red envelope and said with a smile: "Thank you, grandpa."

The uncle and aunt also took out the red envelope and handed it to Gu Chao and said: "Meeting gift."

The Huo family's uncle also gave one and joked: "Here you go. Big red envelope, if Huo Jiangyue scolds me from now on, just take care of him."

Gu Chaodu thanked him, and upon hearing this, he looked at Huo Jiangyue and raised his eyebrows in surprise. Huo Jiangyue can still curse?

Of course Huo Jiangyue didn't know how to curse, but his aura alone was unbearable to ordinary people. His face sank for a moment, and he glanced at his uncle with a cold gaze. The latter was excited and shrugged at Gu Chao.

Grandpa Huo waved his hand, "Okay, Jiang Yue finally brought people back, and they all went to the restaurant to eat."

The group stood up, and Uncle Fang stepped forward to support Grandpa Huo.

Gu Chao wanted to step forward, but a gentle pull came from his fingers. He paused and fell to the end.

"What's wrong?" Gu Chao asked doubtfully.

Huo Jiangyue looked at Gu Chao. Some of his agitated emotions had long since calmed down, but the heat in his heart was still there. Just as he was about to ask what Gu Chao had just said, there was a sudden sound at the door.