CHAPTER FOUR

Kali's burlesque two-piece above.

"Hey Iris, do you have any pasties lying around?" Kali asked the woman beside her. Iris halted the work on her eyelids and turned to glance at the new girl. She nodded, digging around her vanity space to look for one.

She grinned as she pulled a set out and handed them to Kali. "I suggest you hurry up, babe," she paused to apply a dramatic winged eyeliner. "Show's about to start."

Kali nodded before peeling the back of each pasty and sticking them onto each nipple, all while she hummed to the beat of the soft music playing outside of the dressing room. Satisfied that she wouldn't have to go through the embarrassment of enduring a Janet Jackson nip-slip, she fluffed her hair in the mirror.

The blinding lights decorating the vanity mirror made her skin look angelic. Her deep lips lifted as she admired herself. Her cheekbones were professionally bronzed to sharpen her face structure and make it all the more attractive. Fine shimmer was dusted over her cheeks and chest. Her eyes were smoldering with sinful colors and a sharp liner on each lid.

She stood up, the pearls draping over her two-piece clicked together from the movement. She preferred Swarovski diamond, but the pearls would suffice for the night. She made sure her bronzed legs were glistening in body oil to give her a dewy glow.

She annoyingly pushed back a set of the long coils that were tickling her nose before stepping into a set of open-toed heels.

"One minute, ladies!" Mark, the senior director, all but hollered.

Her eyes survived the dressing room to notice all the other dancer were ready -- with the exception of Veronica who always seemed to have the habit of smudging her makeup last minute.

It had been a couple days and a month since Kali and Andrei landed in Sin City. Vegas was notorious for draining a person's bank account within a week and they nearly fell into that unfortunate ditch.

The idea of becoming a Burlesque dancer had always sat in the back of her mind and it dusted itself off once they made it into a place where it was common. Extra cash was always satisfying to have and what better way to get it than to dance for it?

Mark returned, flailing his arms about. "Alright ladies, form a line and get your asses out there!"

Kali ambled her way in between the girls as they made their way onto the stage. She heard Mark shout for them to "knock 'em dead" before the sound was cut off by the door slamming closed. The heavy red curtain separated them from the audience as they took their position. The classic, decade old music exploded from the hidden speakers within the walls just as the girls smiled wide and extended their legs.

===

Kali hadn't bothered changing out of her ensemble with the exception of the burdensome feathers she tossed to the side when the show came to an end. Her face felt hot and she was sure her eyeballs were sweating. Releasing an exhausted breath, she bid her goodbyes to the girls and padded her way into the main room.

The lounge was well-packed tonight since it was a Saturday night. Business men came without their wives and sat with multiple giggling girls on their laps. The showroom was filled with laughter and chatter, the clanking of glasses, fogs of smoke from the cigars men lit, and muffled background music. She thanked those who complimented her part in the show as she whizzed through the tables in search of her boyfriend.

He promised he would finally watch her in action considering that she had been working in The Burlesque Lounge for the month and a half they had been in the city, him not witnessing her seductive moves on stage once.