Had anything bad happened to him? Does it involve Home? Is that why he won't tell them? Was it something they said or did?

Or is he truly as sick as he claimed he is?

"Hey Poppy, how are you doing?" Eddie walked up, adjusting his mailbag, and taking off his hat to wipe his forehead. A quick peek down at his watch said it was about noon.

The sun left him exhausted after his job run. Not to be mistaken for hating it, it was clear to everyone that Eddie loved his mail duties. They had him to thank for delivering their packages quickly and efficiently.

"Oh Eddie, I worry about the poor darling." She confessed trying to fold a sheet before placing it into her basket. "Maybe we should check up on him."

"I understand, Frank and I have thought about calling a meeting to talk about it all." "Frankly, this whole situation is out of our hands. I won't lie. I miss him too."

He recalled the times he chatted to Wally about his day. Always a good listener but never talking much back. Julie's games always brought them into high spirits. Now, he wondered, what his mother would say was the best course of action. His mind though remained blank trying to remember her.

When was the last time he'd called her? Was it last month? Yesterday? Where did she live again? Scratching his head, Eddie remembered what he was here for again.

"Goodness, you look parched. Come inside. I'll get you a glass of lemonade." Poppy fretted over him.

"Mighty kind of you."

Eddie thanked her for the offer. As she led them inside he saw Julie's hopscotch game on the pavement. He glanced around before quickly playing the game and then following Poppy into the barn.

In the kitchen, Julie had her head down on the table. The lemonade pitcher with an empty glass nearby, half-empty. Behind her Eddie and Poppy made their way inside. Poppy catching sight of her, from the living room, immediately assumed the worst.

"Julie! Are you alright?! Oh my!"

Eddie walked in a daze, his eyes opening up at Poppy's worry. However, at her name, Julie straightened up tall in her seat.

"No. No. I'm okay. I was just tired. See?" And smiled at them both, pretending to have just laid down for a quick nap.

Her heart calming down at the blonde puppet's words, Poppy went ahead to get the glass of lemonade for Eddie. Who sat in the chair across from Julie. They both exchanged awkward hellos. Breaking the silence, after a sip of his drink, Eddie decided to ask Poppy about the meeting. The neighbors are aware that she'd rather remain at home.

"Oh, I don't know Eddie. There's so much more risk in taking a step outside with the weather."

"Why don't you have it here?" Julie pipped in.

"No. No, I couldn't bear the thought that you all may get caught in the rain just to get here. I'll be—"

"That's not a bad idea."

They turned to Eddie who was down to half a glass. His face turned red at the volume he spoke at. He continued.

"I'm sure Frank wouldn't mind changing where we're meeting. Especially as it is an important matter."

"And Poppy," He placed a hand on her feathered wing. "I know he'd want you to be there."

Julie agreed that she was a part of the neighborhood so it wouldn't be any trouble. It sounded like they were talking about Frank but Poppy believed he meant Wally.

"Well..alright. If you're sure Frank will agree and it's no problem for the others." Secretly Poppy was happy at the thought they'd all be together.

The talk ended with Eddie saying his goodbye to finish his delivery runs. And promising to explain to Frank, then they'd call Poppy back. Julie stayed with Poppy talking about whatever came to mind. Sharing what remained of the vanilla cake.

                                 ~~~~~

The sun's warmth from a day prior remained unnoticeable. Poppy imagined that the clouds would create a path for the light to shine through. Nothing more than wishful thinking though, as they bunched up more.

"Poppy, they're here."

She turned away from the open window. See Julie point out Barnaby, Eddie, and Frank approaching. Howdy had called ahead to say he'd close the store before heading over. Sally too called to say she'd be late, trying to cover up the recently made stage from the rain but was on her way. Julie left out the part where Sally told her to not say anything about their last talk.

"Julie, please. You know as well as I do that they'll freak out. Or worse think we're messing with them."

"But it's important. What if it helps with Wally's sudden sickness?"

"Don't tell me you believe that. He probably wants some alone time. It's happened before remember?"

Home occasionally in the past locked him in. This felt very different though. They could all sense it.

˗ ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

"How tragic. It brings a tears to my eyes. I have several. Do you want to see?"

________________________________________________________________

(Long A/N)

I knew I had to update. I swear I blinked and 3-4 weeks passed by. I am glad the Welcome Home fandom is still alive. I think underestimated the amount of people that'd see this. 😅

(Wattpad kept changing the format of my text for the longest time. If a small change happens the text shifts to the middle — I only want a small part to do so. Annoying as that was I think I finally got it right.)

Overall this chapter took 3 days in writing and editing; I was lucky to get a quiet day to finish it. Writer's block was awful and school work projects didn't help my time management, I managed somehow.

I had do some adulting stuff today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So I guess I'm celebrating for myself by publishing this chapter.

And if you're enjoying this story, feel free to vote or comment.

Thank you for the support. <3