Author's Note

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I absolutely love Fairy Tail with all my heart, no matter what happens or what anyone says. Hiro Mashima gets all the credit for the charming characters and real plot of Fairy Tail, while I own this story and all the events in it. I had so much fun writing this, and I loved reading all your comments! Natsu and Lucy are my OTP, because they are perfect for each other. They are soulmates in every definition, yet part of me is glad they aren't quite dating in the series. Everything about their current relationship is perfect, and it leaves room for us readers to imagine!

The first thing I want to say is that I knew I wanted there to be a big fire the moment I gave Natsu pyrophobia, because of his 'mother's' death. I knew I wanted this story to finish in a much more dramatic way than anything else I've written, and I wanted there to be as many cute and touching, and yes, cheesy, scenes as possible. There were a lot of things that foreshadowed to the fire in the end.

I tried to give the characters as many things relating to their actual personalities in the real story. I tried to include a little Happy, but I don't know how well it worked out... I also noticed towards the end that Gray wasn't really in the story as much, and I realized that was because I wrote the whole thing from Lucy's POV, and there wasn't much reason for her to really interact with him. Although I know they have a very nice, almost sibling relationship in the real story. I also didn't plan or intend to make Lisanna such a bad character in this story, but hopefully it was clear she had a lot going on herself, and most of it was peer pressure and blackmail. Lucy didn't know much about it, however, so in the story it isn't very clear.

I had a lot of fun writing the backstories for Natsu and Lucy- everything that happened with their parents and family and such. It did seem pretty quick to me, but it was necessary for their relationship.

Thank you so much for reading (and hopefully enjoying) my story!!! I give a personal (virtual) hug to each and every one of you. This is one of the only books in a long time that I've actually finished writing, so I'm sorry for the awkward and inconsistent updates. Also, I forced myself from reading other NaLu school AU fanfics while I was writing this, so there wouldn't be any mistakes of "stolen ideas" (I would NEVER do that), which was pretty hard! Feel free to ask me questions!

Much love, sleepingintheshadows❤️