Epilouge

- Jade

"Jaguar look how beautiful this is!" I gasp while staring at the stunning site. The Northern Lights are really such a beautiful thing to see.

"How many colors do are think are out there? How are they formed? Is it only here because there is less pollution?" I ask quickly without taking my eyes off of them.

I hear a light chuckle. "You sound like Rose." Jaguar muses. "And I have no idea." he says.

I smile softly. "This is so amazing. Thank you for doing this Jaguar." I breathe.

"Of course Jade." Jaguar whispers. We are in Alaska right now, it's extremely cold. But worth it to see this crazy cool stuff.

I can see his breath as he exhales. I smile and lean my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"So unbelievably amazing." I whisper. "Like you." Jaguar says.

Deja Vu. Pretty sure dad said that to mom one time.

"Can I say something kinda crazy?" Jaguar asks. "What?" I ask.

"Would you marry me?" Jaguar asks. My breath catches in my throat for a second.

"I-I-I," I stutter immediately flustered. "You don't have to answer. I was just thinking about the future. And I don't see a future without you in it." Jaguar says softly.

I stay silent and stare at the white snow.

"Yes."

Jaguar looks up instantly. "I would. Not yet though. I made that mistake last time with Flame, I wasn't ready to go there yet. So yes, but in the future like you said." I say.

Anxiety filled me as I worried he would be disappointed.

Instead he grins.

"That's good enough for me. Jade I will wait eons if I have to, I just want to be with you." Jaguar says.

I smile at him. "I love you." I whisper and lean into kiss him.

I feel Jaguar smile against our lips. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. As if to say, "I love you too."

- Firefly

I stood on a podium infront of many people. Alot of familiar places, alot of unfamiliar. I stared out at everything.

A man steps up in the front of the stage. "Hello citizens of the town Scorpion Den!" he booms.

"Today we have the answer for the need mayor!" he says happily. The crowd erupts into clapping.

"Former mayor Glory Night has been mayor of this town for almost 20 years. Today she retires and someone new will take her place." he explains.

Mom steps up. "Thank you. I have loved being the mayor of this town. Truthfully it's been a great honor. And even more of an honor, to announce that my legacy will continue. Everyone give it up to my daughter, Firefly Night, your new mayor." mom says smiling at me.

My heart swelled.

I'm glad to continue it Mom. And I will do my best.