Her small and fragile figure was looking so weak. Her face, which was glowing with happiness till the morning, was now pale.

He scoffed at the word 'happiness'. He thought that she was happy but actually she was in pain. Don't know from how many days. As it is not possible for an appendix to form in a day or two. But she didn't tell him neither he found. What a terrible husband he is!

He kissed her forehead and sat on the stool there holding her hand.

"I'm sorry, Jaan. I'm so so sorry." He said as a lone tear escaped his left eye. He wiped it immediately but couldn't stop the trail of tears which was flowing non-stop. The tears of worry, stress and mainly of guilt.

It is said that you value something only when you lose that thing. Though he never took her for granted or something but now he understands how important she has become to him. For his life. He calls her Jaan. He never thought or knew how it happened and when he started calling her that. Maybe from the very first time or maybe when they got comfortable with each other. But now she has actually become his Jaan, his life. And now he can't live without her. Maybe that is what they call love.

Does that mean he loves her?

I... I love her..?

I love my Jaan.

He smiled with tears filled eyes realising his feelings for her.

"I love you Jaan. You mean so much to me. You bring so much happiness in my life with you. You mean the world to me. You are the best thing that's have ever happened to me. I will cherish you with my life. Please wake up soon." Saying he kissed her palm a few times and wiped his tears with the sleeves of his shirt before walking out.

"I think, you all should go home and take a rest. I'll be here with her." Abhay said coming out and taking everyone's attention.

"And I think your thoughts are just rubbish." Ekansh said in the same tone as Abhay.

"Yes, Abhay, in fact, you should go home and take a rest. Because after Simi gets her consciousness, she is going to need you the most. So until then you have time to rest and after that all you have to do is to take care of her." Sonali said.

Abhay was about to oppose but stopped as his phone rang. He sighed before picking up the call. Everyone around looked confused but then nodded when Abhay talked to Rajiv.

"Hello, yes. Rajiv uncle.."

"Arey, damadji. Kahan hai aap. Hum yahan aapke Ghar pahunch gaye hai. Par yaha toh lock laga hai."

("Hey, son-in-law. Where are you? We have reached your house. But it is locked.")

"Oh yes. Yes. Sorry, I forgot that. Just wait there, I'll reach in a few minutes." Abhay said getting up. Telling the family about Rajiv and Gargi's arrival, he left for home.

********************************

Abhay brought two glasses of water for his father-in-law and mother-in-law. They took and sipped it a little, kept the glasses on the table.

"Damadji, baat kya hai. Aap itni subah kahi Gaye the? Aur Simran Kahan hai? Kya hua hai?" Rajiv asked when Gargi nudged him to ask.

("Son-in-law, what's the matter? Where did you go so early in the morning? And where is Simran? What happened?")