Chapter 10: Casablanca Maritime Crisis

Start from the beginning

Admiral Humes loudly commands the communication officers, "You all, send distress signals to all the warships in Cartalpas and nearby for rescue. Simultaneously, report this incident to His Majesty Mirishial."

Albion Castle, Capital of Runepolis, Holy Kingdom of Mirishial.

Albion Castle stands as the epitome of power in the central region, existing through the centuries, where the elite echelons of the mighty Holy Kingdom of Mirishial congregate in Runepolis. The mild climate and lush greenery lend an enduring vibrancy and classical charm to Runepolis, reminiscent of a sci-fi fantasy city with a touch of antiquity. It is an ideal location for the magnificent Albion Castle at the heart of the capital. In the central chamber resides the golden throne of the 8th Emperor, an Elf whose long life and experience surpass that of humans and other species. Despite being nearly 1000 years old, he appears to have just entered his fifties. Surrounding him are his close associates, all holding significant positions in the politics of the Holy Kingdom.

Today, the room is filled with figures from the diplomatic corps, government administration, and military branches. Given the gravity of the meeting, everyone is present. The room accommodates both Elves and Humans, all in an uneasy and anxious mood as they receive troubling news from the IMS Friso vessel. At this moment, everyone kneels in reverence to the 8th Emperor Milishial.

"Alright, you may rise," declares Emperor Milishial. Subsequently, someone requests permission to speak.

"Please," responds a gentle voice.

"How could this happen? An unidentified nation has disabled our Mithril class? Your Majesty, do you have any information about the forces our Zeroth Fleet encountered, those with gray-colored ships and advanced aircraft that forced two Elpacio vessels of the Holy Kingdom to retreat in disgrace?" questions the military chief examiner, a tone of concern mixed with urgency and restraint.

The Emperor calmly replies, "Isn't that precisely the task of our intelligence agency?" It is a subtle rebuke to the intelligence agency for their lack of knowledge about the forces the naval fleet encountered. The director of the intelligence agency startles.

"Your... Your Majesty, we have no information about them, except that we have gathered considerable intelligence from outside our realm... these are matters that the empire should pay attention to," stammers the intelligence director.

The Emperor nods, "Speak on." However, Freeman hesitates before reading the report.

"According to the Central Calendar, last month, a massive mysterious fleet appeared off the coast of Qua Toyne, followed by another fleet in the Louria sea area, all bearing flags never recorded in Elysian history. These ships are entirely constructed of steel, comparable in size to our Holy Kingdom's fleet, and they also have aircraft along with something we call UFOs."

The room buzzes with discussions about this information. Someone asks, "Are those Mu's fleets? What are they doing there?"

Freeman rebuts and explains, "No, those are not Mu's fleets. The owners of those ships claimed to be part of the United Nations, an organization consisting of 193 countries..." The room falls into shock and disbelief at the figures Freeman presents. One person voices skepticism, "Are you kidding us!? 193 countries that we don't know about, isn't that blatant falsehood!?"

The Emperor raises his hand, silencing the room. "If that's the case, then our intelligence agency should have information about them," the Emperor questions.

Freeman straightforwardly responds, "Those we know of include the United States, China, India, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, and many more. We will provide a separate report for your Majesty." These are countries that the Holy Kingdom has never heard of.