He's a Keeper// Chapter 14

I don't know what happened to Brandon. He was never like this before. I didn't like it. I was walking down the hall when he spotted me. "Violet!" he called. I quickly started to walk away. He caught up and grabbed my arm. "Violet." I got out of his grasp, only to be pulled back again. He pulled me aside in a dark hallway. "Violet, we need to talk." I just stood there, quietly. I didn't want to talk to him after yesterday's events. "Look, I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong. I just overreacted. I wasn't expecting you to have a boyfriend." He looked into my eyes, trying to get an answer. He sighed and walked around. "That's what happens when you make me think you were dead for three years. You miss what happens in my life." I walked away, not wanting to talk to him anymore. I walked up to Oliver in the hall. "Hey, are you okay?" I felt tears in my eyes. I had no words, so I pulled him into a hug. He pulled me aside. "What happened? Is everything okay?" "It's Brandon. I don't know what to do. He's changed so much and...." I couldn't finish, I just kept crying. He pulled me into a hug. "Everything is going to be alright. Maybe you should talk to him. Tell him what he's missed over the past couple years." He was right, I should talk to him. I have him a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks Oliver." He smiled and walked away. I should talk to my brother.

  I spotted Brandon in the bleachers of the pitch. I walked up to him. I took a deep breath and spoke. "Hey Brandon." He turned around and noticed me. "Hey, what's up?" I walked over and took a seat next to him. "We need to catch up. We haven't seen each other in three years, and it isn't going how we thought it would." He nodded. "I think we're gonna be here a while. It seems like I missed a whole lot." "You did." "Well, start off when you went back to school that year, and go on from there." I nodded and started talking. I filled him in on quitting the team, that jerk Stephen, the family stuff, all of it. We also had a few laughs, remembering old memories. I also think I made him feel bad by telling him that he missed Grandma's funeral. She thought she would see him again. Yeah, that didn't happen. We were there for a couple hours, just talking and having a good time. I have to thank Oliver for  suggesting this. We walked back into the Gryffindor common room, seeing many shocked faces. Oliver was in the corner, looking very angry. "Oliver, what happened? What's going on?" "You didn't hear?" I shook my head. What was he talking about? "They brought back an old student." What old student was he talking about. "Miss me?" a voice from behind me spoke. I knew that voice. I dreaded hearing that voice. I turned around to see the familiar face. I was standing right in front of Stephen Lions. I backed up. "What are you doing here?" "My mother demanded that I come back. So here I am." I backed up even more. He started walking toward me. I ran out the common room. He started chasing after me. Oliver and Brandon ran after him. Once I was out of the castle, I tripped. Stephen picked me up, pulling my hair. "We have some unfinished business." "Drop her!" Oliver had his wand out, which caused Brandon to take out his wand. Stephen turned around. He chuckled and threw me to the ground. He pulled out his wand and zapped me in the stomach. I was crying of pain. I wanted him gone. Brandon shot a spell at Stephen. They started going at it. Oliver ran over to me. "Violet, Violet, I'm sorry." He picked me up and I jumped into his arms. "Why is he back? Why does this have to happen?" He just kept petting my hair, trying to sooth me. "I don't know. But as long as I'm here, I will protect you from him. I won't let him go near you." Stephen ran off towards the school. Brandon came over. "Are you alright?" I nodded. "That was Stephen, I believe." I nodded again. He gave me a hug. We walked back to the school. I still couldn't believe it. Stephen was back at Hogwarts, back for revenge, back for me.