Chapter 2

Eventually I made it home around 1am the same time as my mom was coming home from the hospital. My mom is not sick or anything, she actually a doctor at a children hospital. I got out of my car and started walking towards my front door when I ran into her.

"Hi, sweetie! Why are you just coming home at this hour?" she asked.

I told her that I had work and that there was this girl that was just sitting outside the café so I stayed with her until her ride came to pick her up. Since I'm a nice and caring person.

We both walked into the kitchen and saw my dad still awake working. My mom came up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I grab a bottle of water and told them both that I was going to bed. Before heading up stair to my room, I hugged and kissed them both.

I was close to my parents but I got even closer to them when I came out about a year ago and told them that I was a lesbian. They were both fine with it, they just wanted me to be happy and I couldn't be happier knowing that my parents loved me no matter what. I also had to come out to my grandparents. I was little surprise that they were okay with it since they're old fashion kinda of people. My nana told me that she had a feeling that I was gay because she noticed me checking out a waitress when I took her to dinner that one time and that I couldn't stop flirting with her. I told her I couldn't help myself cause she was cute and I was working to get her digits. The first person in my family who knew that I was gay was my older brother Ryan. I didn't really tell him, I just got caught in the act. He walked on me making out with some girl that I met at the park. After I tried to explain and get myself out of the situation, he cut me off by giving me a hug and a high five when he saw how hot the girl that I was with. The last person that I had to tell was my little sister Alex. Alex is five years old and my parents told me that I still needed to tell her but in a way that she would understand. It was hard to explain it to her at first but I somehow I think she got it. I don't know if she understood me but in my heart I knew that she got it because she hugged me afterwards and told me she loved me.

When I got to my room I took a quick shower and went straight to bed cause I was pretty tired and I would be waking up in 6 hours from now. I was having an awesome dream but I was woken up when I heard my brother knocking and yelling to get my lazy ass up.

"Kris, get up before I drag your ass out of bed," he yells through my door.

I wasn't much of a morning person so it took awhile for me to get out of bed. Looking at the clock I knew that I had some time to be slow as possible so I took my sweet time getting ready for school.

I made my way downstairs, I could hear my family having breakfast. Alex was telling my mom about a dream that she had. I wasn't sure what was the dream about but my parents couldn't stop laughing and smiling. A few minutes later my brother came in and asked me if I was ready to head out off to school. I told him that I was taking my car today cause I knew that he had football practice. Some time I would carpool with my brother to save gas money. My brother gave my parents a hug and kiss Alex on the cheek before heading out.

I was almost done with my breakfast when my mom asked me if I could drop off Alex to school because she had some errands that needed to be done. I told her that I could since I was going that way. The moment we got into the car she grab my itouch that can be plugged into my car stereo and started to play thrift shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, she started to sing along and I was pretty amazed that she knew every single word. I took a look at my little sister thinking to myself how different we are from each other. Alex had short black hair where I have dark brown hair that was somewhat long. I could tell that Alex would be taller that me when she gets to her teen years not like me, I'm only 5'0. Alex is a bright and awesome kid. She out going and she always have a smile on her face. I never seen her shy or scared of anything. I think she gets that from Ryan. About 15 minutes we got to Alex's school.

"Have a great day at school today munchkin." Saying goodbye to Alex.

"You too monkey! Bye"

"Munchkin, Do you want me to pick you up or do you want dad?"

"I want you to pick me up!"

"Okay! I'll tell dad."

I watch Alex enter her school before I drove off to school. I pulled up to the student's parking lot and got out of my car, Max came running towards me giving me a hug. Max is my best friend, me and him has been friends since we were in diapers. See his mom and my mom are best friends. Max is a good-looking guy with a sexy ass body. He's the captain of the wrestling team. If I weren't gay I would be crushing on my best friend.

"Morning Max, How are you on this sunny day?" I asked him.

"Shut up! And I'm great, don't even ask about my study date with Emily."

"I didn't say anything." giving him a smile, "but how did your evening go?"

"It was okay, the only problem was that I couldn't take my eyes off her and go off thinking about her. Now I don't have a clue to what we studied about."

As Max was talking I saw Emily walking towards us. I punch him on the shoulders so he could stop talking.

"Hi, Guys how are you?" Emily asked both of us

"Well Max over here still needed help on studying for the math test on Friday."

Max gave me a look while I was talking to Emily. I look at Max and we started having a conversation without saying a word to each other. We been friends for along time and we could just look at each other and know what we're thinking about.

"Dude! What the hell." He asked

"Don't worry I got this! Plus I'm giving you another shot so you can finally ask her out on a date."

"Really! So your Cupid now." Giving me a smirk.

"Aren't you glad I'm your best friend." Smiling at him with my eyes.

We were both shaking out of our conversation when Emily said, "Really, but we spend all night working on it and from what I got it seems like you got it Max."

"Well I guess he didn't, so are you free this whole week to help him out until the test on Friday." I asked her.

"Yes, I am free and I would be happy to help you." She told Max.

Max just stood there while I did most of the talking for him. While I was talking to Emily I could tell that Max was floating on cloud 9 being around her. For the first time I saw my best friend speechless and its all because of this girl. Emily was cute and just perfect for Max. They would make a cute couple. Emily is not your typical girl that a captain of the wrestling team would be crushing on. She was more into her studies than trying to be popular. That's one thing I liked about her and that's why I'm trying my best to hook them up. I think she would bring something great out of Max not like his other girlfriends in the pass, they were just went out with him cause he was popular and it would make them look good.

"Well I'll see you guys later." Emily said as she walks off to her class.

After I talked to Emily and Max just stood there like a ghost we head off to our History class. Max finally came down for cloud 9 and said, " What happened back there?"

"Welcome come back buddy!" Giving him a smirk. "All you have to do is thank me cause I basally gave you two extra days with Emily so you better make a move on her."

"Yeah its not that easy. When I'm around her I just go blank."

"Whattt, with all your mad skills." Smiling at him. "You'll figure it out buddy."

During class I usually don't pay attention instead I doodle in my sketchbook or space out depending on the class. I'm more your artsy kind of student I have my sketchbook in my hands at all time cause you don't know when a great doodle or sketch comes along in your head. You can say I'm an art geek. Half of my classes are art class cause I'm in the art magnet program here at school.

While I was doodling I got the urge to look outside the window, so I turn my head and saw a girl passing through the quad. When I focus my sight on her I noticed that it's the girl from last night.