1.21; one man left behind

Start from the beginning

Walking over to the group Shane had put his final bag inside of the Jeep he was taking. "We're not going" Morales had notified everyone in the area causing the group to grow silent turning and looking at him and his family.

"We have family in Birmingham." His wife spoke looking at Shane almost waiting for a reaction.  "We want to be with our people." 

"You own your own, You won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane pointed out, that Natalie had watched him noticing that he was angered by this not wanting the group to split up since they would have fewer men to help if something had gone wrong. 

Morales nodded; "We'll take the chance, I gotta do what's best for my family." 

"You sure?" Rick asked. 

"We talked about it." Morales had continued defending his choice. "We're sure." 

Shane had turned to Rick almost not wanting to do it but the man had agreed bending down and grabbing a gun from his bag before walking over and handing it to Morales, ducking into his bag Shane took out the box of bullets making Daryl annoyed as he paced in place. 

"Thank you all...for everything" Lori had gone over hugging the wife of Morales. 

Natalie turned looking at her brother crying, Holding one hand on Carl's shoulder and pulling him closer to her as he cried into Shane's shirt. Everyone was saying goodbye to Morales and his family since they were almost their family as well. Natalie didn't stand up holding Carl since the boy was crying because he was losing a friend. 

"Let's go" Lori muttered softly rubbing the back of Carl. 

Carl had listened following along with his mom. "I'm going to ride with Shane," Natalie had informed her seeing Sophia in distress that one of her friends was leaving the group. 

"Natalie, That's not the smartest opinion right now" Lori said through her teeth standing face-to-face with her daughter. Eyeing Rick talking to Shane about something. "We ride with family." 

"Sophia seems to need to be with Carl more than I do..." Natalie commented seeing the little girl hold onto her mom. "It's platonic, we're going to be right behind you." 

"And Rick." 

Lori didn't want Natalie going with Shane as she bit the inside of her cheek. "Sophia is taking my spot to help Carl, it's not a lie." Natalie shrugged her shoulders. Lori grabbed onto Natalie and hugged her kissing the top of her head as Natalie nodded her head for a second. 

"Let's go!" Shane had announced to the group as they all got into their cars. 

To his surprise, Natalie had got up into his jeep closing the door behind her as he pulled the roof off of the car. Getting up and sitting inside the car, Shane started the engine following along with Rick's car that was in front of them. "I have Sophia in my spot; Carl needed to be around a friend." She informed the man. 

Shane ducked his hat as they pulled onto the street with trees finally going out to the city. But time passed with the drive feeling like it was going forever in a good way. 

Natalie smiled a bit with her elbow on the window place of the car, the air flowing into the air. "What you happy about?" Driving with one hand on the wheel, the feeling in her stomach was almost nostalgic looking at the houses that they passed, trees and hope flying through the air. 

Her hand had moved over resting on his legs, feeling the rough jeans below her fingertips. Shane had moved his free hand grabbing onto Natalie's hand and squeezing it. "Jesus." Shane cursed as the two of them looked in front to see the RV stop directly in front of the group.