no more askin', questions, or excuses

Începe de la început

He made sure it was nothing serious, and walked away.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

"Your fiancé?"

"Kyoya-Senpai?"

Renge Hoshakuji was one weird woman. Shizuka wasn't trying to be rude when saying that, it was just the truth.

Shizuka sat next to Kyoya on the red couch while he seemed deep in thought. Renge was rambling on about something behind them, twirling away and away like there was no tomorrow.

Shizuka nudged Kyoya's arm gently, making him hum in response and look at him.

What is she talking about?

"She's seems to have fallen in love with a character from a video game. She's projecting that love onto me and somehow deluded herself into thinking we're engaged. I assume this Miyabi character probably wears glasses as well." Kyoya said, lifting up his glasses.

The hosts surround Shizuka and Kyoya on the couch, looking at him with distressed faces.

"So, she made it up? You're not really her fiancé, right?"

"No, I don't ever remember asking for hand in marriage. Besides this is the first time I've ever met the woman." he said while crossing his arms. All the hosts let out a sigh of relief, but they sure would've liked to have known that fact earlier.

Renge made herself comfortable right next to Kyoya, pushing him slightly so that he bumped into Shizuka.

"According to my research, I understand you're in charge on managing the club, is that true, Kyoya?"

"That's right! Kyo-Chan is our director!" Honey exclaimed.

"You're the clubs director? That's perfect! Oh, wow. I always wanted to wear a sandwich board to advertise a business!"

"We don't advertise, we're just a Host Club." Hikaru and Kaoru mumbled, already done with her.

"I've made up my mind, from now on, I'm gonna be the manager of this Host Club!"

Shizuka rubbed his ears, closing his eyes as he tried to block out any of the other ridiculous comments that would be made sooner or later.

"Um," Tamaki said, getting behind the couch Kyoya and Shizuka were sitting on. Shizuka jumped up in his seat, sighing afterward as he rested his arms on his knees. "Listen, Kyoya..."

"Miss Hoshakuji is the only daughter of a very important Ootori family client. So, please be polite and try not to offend her, alright?"

"Well, boys, I can't wait to work with you!"

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

The next day, Mei was walking through the school grounds, not looking to where she was going and only going through the papers she held in her hand.

She needs five copies of this one, two more copies of that one... then every student in the class needs that pa-

She turned the corner and let out a surprised shout as he she stumbled over something lying on the path, effectively dropping the papers. She turned around with an annoyed face before she glanced down, her annoyance turning into surprise.

What she had stumbled over was not a what at all, it was Shizuka, and he looked to be asleep with his bag beside him. Mei couldn't see his face because he was facing the wall.

Mei furrowed her eyebrows as he dropped to her knees beside him. "Hey... Hey, Sunshine," she said, tapping his shoulder. "Sunshine, what are you doing there? Aren't you supposed to be in the music room right now?"