27: 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

Zacznij od początku

"Rea, congratulations on your stunning victory at the FINA World Swimming Championship!" Savannah smiled. "What emotions were running through your mind as you stood on the podium in Spain, representing Japan?"

The cameras panned on Rea Mikage. "Thank you, Savannah!" She smiled. "It was an absolute dream come true. Standing there, I felt a surge of happiness and fulfillment. Becoming an Olympic Swimmer had been my dream since the beginning, and to achieve it on such a grand stage was truly surreal."

Savannah nodded, turning to Sae. "Sae, being a part of the New Generation World XI is a remarkable achievement. How has your experience in international football shaped your perspective on the global sports community, especially being here in Spain?"

Itoshi Sae reflected first and started. "The world of international football is vast, and leaving Japan to play here has been an eye-opener. I'm glad I could experience this diverse and competitive environment. Honestly, I've grown less interested in Japan's soccer scene, focusing more on the global community and the challenges it brings."

"Well, so Rea, we have a few more things we'd love to learn." Savannah smiled at Rea, who reciprocated. "We're curious to know, with the success you've achieved and being a part of the Mikage Corporation, the wealthiest company in Japan, how did your journey in swimming begin? Did being part of a prominent family make the early stages any different for you?"

"Well, to be honest, my parents initially wanted me to join the family business." She chuckled. "Swimming wasn't their first choice, and it took a while to convince them. My elder brother's pursuit of his dream in soccer inspired me to carve my own path. Despite initial objections, as I won competitions and achieved milestones, they began to support me wholeheartedly."

"Rea, that's something unexpected. But we'd love to hear the story. Would you mind?"

"Of course! I started swimming at the age of fifteen, facing initial resistance from my parents." Rea smiled at the memories back of her head. "My brother, Reo, had his struggles too, but witnessing his determination encouraged me to pursue my passion. It was a journey filled with support from my best friend Kaori and my swimming mate Kai, and Bachira, my brother, Reo and Nagi. We were just a group of teenagers cheering each other on, never imagining we'd come this far."

"Oh my gosh, Rea." Kaori shed a happy tear hearing Rea mentioning her name at such a program.

"I know she always loves us." Kai grinned. "I'm really proud of her."

"Seems like you were inspired by popular athletes who made their names already?" Savannah asked as Rea nodded.

"Absolutely. As I said, we were just a bunch of teenagers then, but the camaraderie and support from my friends fueled our journeys." Rea smiled, nodding.

"So, when did your parents approve your swimming?" Savannah seemed more curious.

"A car crash three days before national heats changed everything. Desperate, I asked my parents for support." Rea nodded, reminiscing the tragic event she faced in her life. "Initially reluctant, my friends convinced my father, who, surprisingly, had been silently watching my progress. The federation acknowledged my achievements, and since then, my parents have been my biggest supporters."

"Oh, that was an unexpected backstory. So Sae, how was your path, was it filled with thorns and stones?"

"Polishing my talent in Japan had its limitations." Sae reflected. "Coming into the real-world soccer scene, I realized there was so much more to learn. Fortunately, I didn't face objections from my parents, and their support allowed me to explore the vast world of international football."