Chapter 14: Ray

"Okay listen, you've got to listen to me!" Sam hissed out the window at the autobots.

Optimus transformed back into his bot mode and moved up to the window so he could better hear the boy.

"Listen, if my parents come out here and see you, they're gonna freak out," Sam was frantic. "My mother's got a temper okay?"

Optimus did not even blink an optics. "We must have the glasses," he insisted urgently.

"We know, we know," I tried stepping in. "we're looking for them."

Shrugging, Sam shook his head exasperatedly. "I've been looking everywhere, They're not here,"

"Keep searching." the Prime ordered.

Gosh those glasses really are important. I thought. Running a hand through my auburn hair I searched my brain and my knowledge of the Transformer Saga. Where did Sam leave the glasses in the movie? For some reason I kept blanking out.

"I need you to be quiet for five minutes," continuing to rant to Optimus, the boy threw his hands up. "Ten minutes, okay? Please, I'm begging you. You got-"

With a heavy sigh, Optimus nodded. Turning away from the window he addressed the others. "Autobots, fall back."

Transforming into their robot modes, Ratchet, Ironhide and Bee followed their leader into the shadows of the yard. Now they were finally hidden. I couldn't even see them.

Abruptly I saw Jazz bump into a powerline. Sparks flew and the power went out.

"Jazz!" I hissed, leaning out the window. I almost fell out when the autobot hit the ground, causing the whole house to shake. "You just hit a powerline! Be careful!"

"Tingly," he ignored me, chuckling softly as he ducked behind a nearby tree and transformers into his car mode-blending in completely.

Sighing, I rolled my eyes and disappeared back inside the bedroom. Sam was throwing clothes out of his drawers. "I thought you looked everywhere here?"

Sam shook his head, throwing a shirt angrily on the ground. "Yeah, but I know they have to be here somewhere. They-"

The whole house shook again. I almost fell over. A blinding Ray of light cast into the room.

"Sam, is that you?!" a voice called from down the hall.

"Shit!" Sam turned to me in fear. "Quick go tell them to shut the light off!"

"Aye aye captain," rolling my eyes I ran up to the window. "Shut it off Optimus! That's not helping!!" I whispered as loudly as I dared, holding a hand up to shade my eyes. I knew the bot was only trying to help us see inside the dark house, but it was making matters worse.

"Sorry!" The light flickered, shutting off.

"Sam, are you in there?"

I recognized the voice of Sam's father, Ron.

The door jingled as someone tried to open it.

"What are you doing in there? Are you alright?"

Now Judy, Sam's mother, spoke up worriedly.

"You know the rules: No doors locked in my house!" Ron added angrily.

Sam looked at me in exasperation. I shrugged. Hey, they were not my parents. It was up to him to deal with them.

"You know he'll start counting," Judy sighed. "- if you don't open the door!"