"Fuck."

The girl inside of me would've followed him quickly, maybe a month ago but with how exhausting the situation was, I stayed planted in place. JJ glanced back at me, obviously waiting for me to join and the sadness in his eyes when I didn't hurt.

After a couple minutes of uncomfortable silence, John B offered to take us all home and I happily agreed due to the fact I still needed to take my board home.

Safe to say, I did not actually go surfing that day and the waves must've been pretty damn good by how windy it was.

On the way home, John B started playing some music, and we had all been in the middle of a conversation about growing up in the cut together with Sarah, who had no idea what that was like.

A blaring roar of an engine cut out conversation short, as I started at the side of the van to see two people on bikes.

I looked at the one man's hand as he revved the bike once more, noticing the gold ring that had been in my mind before. It was definitely Rafe.

"Hey, pull that piece of shit over!"

His voice towered over the sound of John B's speakers, as he swirled toward the car tauntingly and caused us to become a discombobulated mess before finally, Rafe pulled out in front of the van completely.

"What the hell?!" I yelled from inside the van, pulling the door open harshly and stepping out with my hands atop my hips. "We could've hit you!"

"Yeah? Where's Little Miss Perfect, huh?" He narrowed his eyes, glancing back and forth between me and the inside of the van. He looked unwell, to say the least, as he seemed to be on a high that fueled his rage.

"Rafe," I warned, stepping forward, ignoring the presence of stopper, who was equally as interested in looking throughout the van. Rafe's eyes trailed slowly back to mine, and he wore a look of confusion.

"I just heard about your little home invasion."

Fuck. My face fell completely, "Rafe, no it's not what it looks like." He laughed bitterly, before wearing his anger on his face and stepping to me.

"Huh, so tell me, Khalia. Why in the hell is my little sister going on side quests with pogues?" He said the word like it was a curse, and I tried my best to hide my hurt.

"We didn't steal anything at all, okay?" I yelled out, my hair bouncing against the wind and I suddenly became aware of the eyes on us.

Topper, John B and Sarah were now all looking in our direction.

"You need to relax, Rafe. You're all strung out—"

"No, Khalia, don't tell me what the hell I need to do," His eyes wore a cold film, cutting through me deeply and he peered over me to look towards Sarah, who clung onto John B.

The severity of the situation now increased ten fold, and Rafe practically killed John B with his stare. "Sarah, you're coming back home!"

"No," Sarah replied, and John B held her tighter to reassure her.

"The guy you robbed? He's bad, Sarah."

He switched back again to look at me, "What do you think he's gonna do when he finds out what you and your pogue boyfriend and his friends did?"

When I didn't answer, he got even more upset, "Huh?!" His face closed in on mine, and the smell of his cologne suddenly became nauseating.

"But we didn't." That's all I could mutter out, still so submissive in a moment like this and it was embarrassing. I wanted to hide away, closing myself off from his stare... his entire being.