Chapter 6: Princess ✧˖*°࿐

3 weeks ago

3 weeks ago

"Hyung, let's take a break" Mingi whined, tired from being in the studio all day, and maybe he wanted an excuse to go see someone. Although, Hongjoong didn't hear him because he had his headphones on.

Mingi resulted to repeatedly tapping his shoulder "Hyung, hyung, hyung, hyung!"

"What?!" Hongjoong turned to him tired news in his eyes, clearly not amused that his friend had decided to interrupt his work.

"Let's take a break, please" Mingi gently took off Hongjoong's headphones.

"We can, lemme just finish this track, I'm almost done"

"You've been saying that for hours, let's go now...please"

Hongjoong sighed "Okay"

"Yay, let's go get coffee" Mingi took his hand and tried to drag him out.

"Mingi! Calm down, let me get my coat" he tugged his hand out of Mingi's grip and grabbed his coat. "Okay, let's go"

Mingi didn't hesitate to drag him to his car. "Why're we taking your car, there's a coffee place down the street"

"Because...we're not going to that coffee place"

They had been driven by what had to be at least 5 different coffee shops before Mingi pulled up next to one called "Paws & Brews" A cat cafe? Hongjoong didn't really have a problem with it but it was a little unusual for Mingi to want to come here since he was more of a dog person.

They walked in and were immediately greeted by a cat meowing and rubbing its body against their legs. "Hello, welcome to Paws and Brew, how can I help you?" The barista turned to see the boy he'd gone on a date with yesterday. "Oh hey Mingi, do want your usual?" "Hi, yes please" Mingi smiled back at him.

"And what do you want Mingi's friend?" The barista turned to Hongjoong to take his order. "An iced americano is okay" he went to get his wallet. Fuck, I left my wallet. "Don't worry about paying, it's on the house" He winked at Mingi who seemed to be malfunctioning. "You can go take a seat, I'll bring your orders to you"

They went to one of the tables near the cat play area. "So...you know the barista?" Hongjoong asked as he gently petted one of the cats that came over to them.

"You could say that" he avoided eye contact.

It didn't take long for the barista to come to their table with their drinks in hand. "Here are your drinks." He was about to leave when he felt a hand hold onto his. "Do you have time to come sit with us?"