PROLOGUE

I decorated myself with the most elegant pieces of jewellery that I found in my wardrobe. Today will be the day that the prince decides his future wife. While he finds his suitor, other gentlemen of prestigious households visit the Gala to find their potential suitors as well. My mom has high hopes for my sister and I. I solemnly wish not to disappoint my mother and bring shame to our household. My dignity is tied to my husband, well that's what my mother has been telling me all my life. She managed to get the Gala invitation pulling all the strings she could.

"Oh darling, you look as beautiful as always," My mother chimed in with a tray of accessories for my wrists.

"Mother, I hope I find the right suitor," I worriedly looked at the mirror's reflection. My mother was caressing my hair and adjusting a few stray strands.

"I know you will not disappoint me," She sternly replied after placing the tray on top of the dresser and proceeding out.

I sighed.

The next few hours were spent on the makeup our maid had been instructed to do. My mother had always wanted it in one way; Dainty, elegant and natural. I observed the freckles around her nose as she leaned closer.

"Am I pretty enough?" I asked her nervously.

"You are enough love," She replied warmly as she brushed the blush gently across my cheeks.

We were standing before the palace gate within the next hour. I was quite nervous even if had been prepared for this all my life.