See? This is why I don't like parties like this. Nowhere is ever safe, and you can never trust anyone. I shook my head in disapproval.

"Actually, we've worked together before."

"Oh." I giggled. "Sorry."

"No need, it's good that you're being aware." He said, handing me my drink. "Speaking of being aware, did you come here alone?"

"I came with Nessa, but once we stepped in here she dissapeared."

"I don't know her, and I don't know why, but it sounds like her."

"Oh it definitely is like her. She's the one that dragged me out here!"

"Does Xavier know you're here? Or are we sneaking around behind his back again?"

"I- We- no we are not! We never were!" I stammered, my cheeks warming up. He laughed, earning a glare from me.

"Sure. But you haven't answered my question."

"Hey, in my defense, I didn't even know where we were going to!"

"It's ok, chill. I like being your little secret."

"There's no secrets!" I slammed the empty cup on the table. "By the way, that drink was amazing."

"Thank you, thank you, you're so kind." He bowed a little for emphasis, making me laugh. He looked at me, a twinkle in his eyes. "I missed you."

"Woah woah woah, Eli, you still hardly know me."I mean, we did have that very long talk in the cafe that day after we kissed, but still.

"In the most friendliest way possible, I promise." He chuckled. "Plus, it doesn't have to stay that way."

"I missed you too." I admitted, brushing it off with a laugh.

"Well then, would you do me the pleasure of dancing with me?" He offered, stretching his hands towards me with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Why, of course." I agreed, placing my hand in his and letting him lead me to the dance floor.

Once we joined the group of people dancing their hearts out, I let loose. I even think I saw Nessa. She was dancing with some boy I didn't know, and like everyone else, she looked like she was having one of the best nights of her life. Which she probably was. Well, I know I was.

Eli and I danced, and danced, and danced some more, till we could hardly stand straight. We stumbled to a nearby couch, collapsing on it. For a while we were silent, catching our breath and just watching everything happening in front of us. My heart was beating so fast it felt like it'd explode any moment now.

It'd be so perfect if Xavier were here.

Wait, why did I just think that?

"I forgot how good you could dance." Eli yelled over the music, still taking deep breaths.

"I didn't know you had it in you." I laughed.

"I'm gonna go get a drink for myself." He said, standing. "You want one?"

"Yeah...but not too strong. I don't plan on getting drunk any time soon... not again."

He nodded, ruffling my hair before walking away and dissapearing into the crowd. Seconds later, I realized the stupid mistake I made when I started to feel nervous.

Why the heck didn't I follow him?! What if a creepy creep creeps up on me and tries to...do something?! Why am I still sitting here?!

I need to find someone.