Chapter 3 [3] Guidance (Seeking Collections)

In the corridor, occasional sounds of cheerful reading and the stern admonitions of teachers filled the air. As someone swiftly crossed the corridor near the gym, they abruptly stopped upon spotting someone at the corner, turning around as if to escape.

"Pei Jinye?"

Pei Jinye nearly twisted his waist, pretending innocence. "Ice Sister, haven't you finished work yet?"

After exchanging greetings with Ice Sister and her colleagues, the teacher across the corridor cast a suspicious glance at Pei Jinye and then left politely.

Now, only Pei Jinye and Ice Sister remained in the corridor. At this moment, the latter looked at him with interest. "If I remember correctly, this class is not a physical education class, right?"

"Not a physical education class?" Pei Jinye continued to feign ignorance.

Ice Sister chuckled. "Seeing how obedient you usually are, I didn't expect you to be good at acting."

Pei Jinye awkwardly smiled, changing the topic. "After entering a meditative state, I feel uneasy in my heart."

Ice Sister raised an eyebrow, grabbed Pei Jinye's wrist, and with a slight focus in her gaze, the energy fluctuations were clearly beyond level 1. Last month, she remembered testing this kid, and he had barely passed... he hid it well.

Then she looked up and asked, "How many times have you entered a meditative state today?"

"The first time," Pei Jinye answered honestly.

Ice Sister looked at him unexpectedly, pondered, and then said, "If it's the first time, I can understand. But next time, don't say it's the first time when someone asks you."

The last sentence carried a profound meaning, leaving Pei Jinye bewildered for a moment. He looked over, eager to know the answer but afraid to show it.

After releasing his hand, Ice Sister calmly said, "Your current state is like an ordinary person who suddenly becomes wealthy. Your blood and energy have surged, making it difficult to adapt temporarily. Did you gain anything from the meditation this morning?"

"Gain?" Pei Jinye was puzzled. He replied sincerely, "Not sure if I dreamt, but there was a gray world in the dream."

Ice Sister wasn't surprised and explained, "That's your spiritual world. Usually, people in the first phase of meditation can see it. It's not unheard of for you to see it on your first attempt, indicating that your mental strength far exceeds your physical body."

Ice Sister looked at Pei Jinye again, turned and said, "Come with me."

Pei Jinye was puzzled, but Ice Sister was quick and didn't bother explaining. He had no choice but to follow her to the playground.

"Run twenty laps."

"?"

"What are you looking at? Run. While the surge of blood and energy is good, if you don't channel them timely and keep them in an excited state, it will only harm your physical functions."

Pei Jinye was stunned, not expecting this. However, she asked for twenty laps... it felt like the ice queen was doing it on purpose.

After stretching his muscles, Pei Jinye looked back at Ice Sister. She sat on the side, engrossed in her phone, seemingly writing something. After dispelling distracting thoughts, he took a deep breath and started running laps.

He gradually increased his speed, maintaining a steady state. Pei Jinye didn't lie to Ice Sister; his blood and energy were indeed fluctuating, maybe because he couldn't find the attribute light group. Now, running against the wind felt like releasing pent-up negative emotions.

...

Ice Sister's gaze moved away from her phone screen, and she raised her head. The gentle breeze tousled her long hair as her calm gaze followed the figure sprinting on the track. At a certain moment, her calmness seemed to gain an extra touch of contemplation.

...

"Ice Sister, I've finished running."

Pei Jinye, panting, supported himself on his legs.

Ice Sister's voice was as indifferent as ever. "This can only relieve your immediate fluctuations. Breathing techniques can be practiced, but for now, avoid meditation... With your current ability, it's probably hard to control your state."

Pei Jinye gathered his thoughts and looked up. "Are you suggesting there's nothing I can do now?"

Ice Sister shook her head. "Not exactly. What you need to do now is strengthen your physical body. If the container is strong enough, it can accommodate this blood and energy. If possible, spend some money to hire an extraordinary person to help stabilize your blood and energy."

Pei Jinye smirked... the mention of hiring extraordinary people gave him the chills. The family's housing situation was still unresolved.

Noticing his change in expression, Ice Sister continued calmly, "Alternatively, prepare some oral nutritional supplements, coupled with high-intensity exercise..."

Pei Jinye fell into contemplation. Oral nutritional supplements weren't expensive, but at five hundred per bottle, he was reluctant to ask his family for money. If the house hadn't been sold before his transmigration, he might feel less guilty.

However, now... with the house gone and debts mounting to over a million, his parents worked multiple jobs but never complained in front of him.

Pei Jinye sighed inwardly and inquired, "If I drink nutritional supplements, how long do you think it will take for me to reach a normal state?"

"With your current physical condition, one bottle a day for a month," she replied.

...

Pei Jinye fell silent. The average salary in Dapeng City was only 1,200, and these 15,000 equaled several months of their family's income. Too bad he wasn't an awakened individual yet. If he succeeded, the country would reward him with a house. Then, using the identity of an awakened individual, he could easily engage in money-making activities.

"Ding Ling Ling!"

The school bell rang at this moment.

Pei Jinye snapped back, smiled sincerely at Ice Sister, and said, "Thank you."

Without Ice Sister's guidance, he might not have been aware of his current situation. Ice Sister didn't pay much attention to his gratitude, glanced at the crowd leaving the school gate in the distance, and let Pei Jinye go.

Her phone vibrated suddenly. Answering the call, she paused for a moment and, with a cold "Hmm," said, "I've left the gym. Don't bother me unless it's important." Then she hung up.

Glancing again at the direction Pei Jinye had left, she turned and headed in the opposite direction.

...

When Pei Jinye returned to the classroom, most people had already left. However, his deskmate was still there, standing on the platform and receiving the teacher's "care" with a gloomy expression.

Seeing Pei Jinye, his deskmate looked over, seeking help. Pei Jinye directly ignored him.

The teacher also noticed Pei Jinye, paused for a moment, seemingly remembered something, and impatiently waved his hand toward the chubby guy in front of him. "Alright, go back and copy common knowledge a hundred times. Submit it to me tomorrow... Pei Jinye, come here."

The deskmate looked at Pei Jiny