Chapter 1: Her Return

Howls ripped tightly through the thick foggy air as footsteps ran away from many running wolf paws. The smell of blood thickened the air as it dripped down the arm of a young woman. She ran desperately through the dense forest as she dodged the trees and leapt over a fallen tree only to stumble slightly, giving the Wolves behind her enough time to catch up with her.

" God damn rogues!" She growled loudly with a hiss as she continued in her flee from her hunters.

" Come on, come on, come on!" She growled to herself, pushing her feet that little faster. But then she felt something hard knock against her shoulder, causing her to roll onto the floor. She rolled onto her knees and flipped her long brown hair over her head, looking up to her hunters. She spots four rogues growling at her. Standing ready to jump, she waited for the rogues to make their moves.

One rushed at her as she launched herself into the air, leaping over the wolf and pulling out a blade from her boot. She dropped down onto the wolf's back and pushed the knife deep into its flesh; the wolf fell to the ground with a thud and lay motionless. The woman jumped up and made quick work of the following two wolves, leaving the last one bearing its teeth at her with a growl.

" Come on, you son of a bitch!" She growled at the wolf, who barked back and jumped at her. The woman ducked to the ground while around. But the wolf managed to get the upper hand and pin her down. The wolf did not hesitate to sink its teeth into her shoulder deeply, earning a howling scream of pain from the woman before she mustered the last of her remaining strength and plunged her blade into the wolf's heart. It became limp and lifeless on top of her as she pushed it off and rolled onto her feet.

" God damn it all." She cursed under her breath and as she held her, now profusely bleeding left shoulder and arm, which hung limply. Her once crisp white t-shirt was dyed red by blood she had spilt and her own. The woman's now ripped her black leather jacket to shreds. Her skinny black jeans were covered in mud and forest flooring as she took wobbly steps in a random direction. Her vision became more and more blurry from the blood loss as she swayed from side to side, like a drunken sailor. She stopped when she heard growls once again sound through the air. But by their smell, they were not rogues; they belonged to a pack. But which pack she did not know. She seemed more lucid when she realised she was not out of danger yet.

"Oh, for fuck sake!" She yelled as she looked up to the moon in the sky. "Do you seriously hate me that fucking much! God damn it, give me a break!" She growled in annoyance as she tried to keep her guard up. She waited as she knew that whoever the wolves were, they were right in front of her. Not a moment later, a grey wolf trotted forward from behind the trees, bearing its teeth at her. The grey wolf stopped just as a large man walked out from the same area as the wolf, dressed in nothing but basketball shorts. His body was on show with well-toned abs and chest muscles that rippled with anger at every deep breath. His fists clenched and unclenched carefully as if channelling his anger through them.

" Who are you? And what business do you have in this territory, rogue?" He growled lowly to the woman who smirked with her blood-red lip and white teeth.

" What pack is this?" She asked gently, still with her smirk.

" I ask the questions around here!" The man boomed at her, taking a single step forward, trying to intimidate her into submission. But the woman stood her ground.

" I will decide my business with this pack once I find its identity. But I can assure you; I cannot harm any of you in this state." She explained, taking her hand off her wound and pinging a single, bloody finger towards it.

" These lands belong to Alpha Gabriel of the River Red pack." The man said with pride and saw the visible flinch of the woman at his words. Her eyes flashed with a haze, and her face dropped from its smirk.

" I see, then I have no business here." She muttered as she turned around and began walking away from the patrol of eleven.

" See, that's the thing, rogue. Now, you can only leave this territory in a body bag." The man explained simply as the woman shook her head gently.

" Well, not entirely true. Seeing as I have done it before." She laughed, turning around to face him.

" Who the hell are you? What is your name!" He called, clearly pissed off at her as she just laughed. He growled and took another step forward, clenching his fists tighter to cause his knuckles to whiten.

"You don't you remember me, John." She laughed loudly with a roll of her eyes at seeing him completely stunned. The beta of the second-largest pack was stunned at a loss of words.

" Okay, take away the red lipstick and this blood; add a few. How should I put this? Colourful pieces of clothing, and then you get me..." She spoke with a new sparkle in her brown eyes.

" Sam...." John whispered in amazement at the girl before him. Last he saw her; she was a weak little girl with barely any confidence or fighting skills. But now, standing before him was another woman entirely. She was adorned with red lips darker than the colour of blood and dressed in leather. She now had a ' don't fuck with me' look and feel around her. Her brown hair was longer and fuller as he took in her appearance.

" Bingo! We have a winner!" Sam laughed before hissing in pain at her shoulder. After a few seconds of composing herself, she looked to John. "Now, I think I will be leaving." She muttered and turned around.

" Wait? What happened to you? You just vanished." He asked, confused.

" Oh, so the big bad alpha did not tell you?" She chuckled while leaning on a nearby tree for support as the blood loss slowly took control.

" Tell us what!" John growled impatiently.

" Oh, I don't know, just that he found his mate one fateful day and decided to reject her point-blank without a single worry in the world." She hissed at remembering that morning almost a year and a half ago. "Tell me? How is the asshole? Still fucking the slut Jessie?" Sam squeezed out as it became harder even to see. Sam turned her head after no response to see John's eyes slightly glazed over, showing he was mind linking someone. Just then, a howl gripped the air. It was loud and compelling, meaning it could only come from one person.

" Shit! I gotta go! Bye fuckers!" She called as she found a new burst of energy and ran off. Her speed was still slow but fast enough to keep her going.

"Stop her! Do not let her escape, alpha's orders!" John called out as Sam continued to run but quickly began to slow down due to blood loss and exhaustion from not sleeping or eating for two days.

" Shit!" She growled as she tripped and fell onto her wounded side, letting out a whimper of pain. Sam could barely keep her eyes open as John rushed over to her with an annoyed look in his eyes. John moved a hand out to touch her, but Sam found her strength and punched him in the face while rolling over onto her front. John had fallen back and landed on his ass with a grunt. He gripped his bloody nose as he looked at Sam. He was impressed that she could muster enough strength to break his nose even in her weak state of blood loss.

" Don't. Fucking. Touch. Me." Sam growled as blackness consumed her vision completely, and she fell into unconsciousness.