Part 5

I get in the huddle and call a deep pass. We break the huddle and I get into position. I can see some of the guys on the defense grit their teeth. Just great. "Hike"

Everything happens so fast that it is very confusing at first. Then, when my mind gets back into place, I look and see a receiver open down the field. I throw it to him. He catches it and runs it back into the end zone. Touchdown!

The rest of the game is just like this. They scored. Then we scored. Then they scored etc. It was until halftime that our defense started stopping them. The Panthers defense wasn't actually that scary. They may be big, but they are really slow.

But, when there were five seconds left on the clock we were down by a field goal. Coach wanted to kick a field goal and send it into overtime, but I wouldn't let him. We came here to win, not to tie. The fans were on their feet. The cheerleaders were cheering at their loudest. It was crazy! We were at the ten-yard line. I called a fake handoff and then try to throw it.

I snapped the ball. I faked the handoff and looked for a man that was open. No of them are! Looks like I have to take matters into my own hands. I took off for the end zone. One of the defenders were right in front of me. I don't know what I was thinking but I jumped over him! Then I ran into the end zone! The clock ran out of time. Final score: 33-37. The stands went crazy!!! All of the offense came over and smacked my helmet. Johnny and I ran over and got the Gatorade and dumped it all over the coach. Then when I wasn't paying attention Johnny hoisted me up on his shoulders. The whole team came around and was having a really good time. We even went over by the cheerleaders and participated in their kick line! We high dived the other team and told them good game. Even though they lost, they still were having a good time! We even included them in the team circle! Then it was time to head home.

When we got home my family was really proud of me. Johnny spent the night. We just watched movies. All in all, today was a pretty good day.