Checkups

Heyyyyy guys!!! Thank you for the love on the first prompt of this book, it truly means a lot to me. This next one is one of my favorites that I tend to do on most of my books...drumroll please...Yep! Doctors appointments. I enjoy writing these because it brings out the true character of your little boy and the raw emotions behind it since I tend to have them afraid of needles.

Description: this will include Nick having a checkup six months since his brain injury. They'll do some tests, bloodwork, etc to make sure he's in good shape. Like I've mentioned before, there will be lots of crying & emotions from your little one since he acts like a baby. You'll be his shoulder to cry on and give comfort too in the given moments. I hope you all enjoy what the chapter has in stock for you & the cuteness it brings coming out of a 250lb grizzly bear. I can definitely imagine him in a pediatricians office at his grown age of 26, all curled up into his mothers or girlfriends arms! 😇

In this prompt:
Crying
Diaper usage
Breastfeeding
Needles
Blood drawn
Doctors

This is what Nick looks like if you don't know who he is:)

Let's get to it!

A Thursday in August 2023
7:15am

It was a warm sunny morning in beautiful San Francisco, the birds were chirping, a slight breeze came trough the bedroom window, and Yn knew even though it was a nice day, it was going to be a rough one, and lemme tell ya why. The day has came to Nicks post-op checkup appointment since his surgery, physical therapy, and accident in February. You had made it for him a few weeks prior, but ever since you guys started dating, you remembered that this tough, muscular, body of a god machine, is petrified of doctors and of course, needles.

You obviously didn't want to make this appointment, but it had to be done, and its nice to let the doctors and nurses see how well he is doing in speech therapy, brain enrichment activities, etc since the incident. Yn had prepped herself a few days prior to make sure she has everything in his diaper bag that he needs since hospitals/doctors office can be quite scary for the little bear.

It's been a good chunk of time for you to scroll through your phone while Nick was fast asleep in his bassinet nearby your bedside. However, as much love he has with sleeping, you had to wake him up. You never know how old he is going to be when he wakes up and that just depends if you need to feed him immediately as well.

Rolling over to his bassinet, you had gently ran your hand through his hair as he moved slightly. The little coos coming out of him were quite adorable, but not enough to wake him up. "Little one." Yn said softly, as he made a slight startled jump when he heard your voice. "It's time to get up sweetheart." She smiled, everyday she's so grateful t have her little bear right beside her. It took a while for him to fully wake up, and Yn had lifted the heavy baby as he did a newborn scrunch with a stretch.