𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙶𝚘 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚎

================================

Date: 27/6
Time: ¹⁰:⁰⁰ pm

"Little Miss~ I'm in so much pain!" The ginger clung to my shoulders, body slouched forward as fake tears wetted my cheeks.

Placing the last chair over the tables of the dining room, I pat Childe's cheek halfheartedly, before glancing at Xianling who was slumped over the bar with a cup of cherry juice next to her sobbing figure. "My whole body hurts . . ." She cried, sipping her juice nonetheless from the thin straw of her cup.

" Just a little more Xianling, you did amazing today ~" Janet sang, moving into a stall next to the overworked chief of the day, while flipping through a nice thick stack of cash, weighing it in her hand as if it were gold. "So worth it ~"

At least something worked out. Slight relief eased the little le discomfort that had still lingered in my chest since the morning. . .

Thoma being Ayato's left along with the devil's spawn himself, did not return, did not call, did not text. Of course, I knew I'd have to talk to him again at some point . . . At that point, I would fire him that is. A heavy puff of air left my lungs, making Childe halt his crying and eye me up and down.

"Childe . . ." His eyes widened like an eager puppy upon hearing my name, god knows what he was expecting," You're heavy."

His mouth fell into an "Oh," before his cheeks turned into red tomatos and he stomped back to the locker room, followed by the shaking of the door frame as he slammed the door shut. I glanced at the small mouse hole at the corner of the restaurant near a beige vase, the hole was barely visible, but the clear presence of the little critter that lived there was now deserted. " He chose his side," discomfort tugged at my chest but the comfort of the warm presence of Kaeya by my side with a broom in hand made me manage a weak grin. " You must have a lot to think of."

A lot to think of? " He can go fuck himself," I grumbled, picturing that snake's obvious delight in throwing me into utter humiliation. I nearly had sex with his boy toy! Wait, did what we even do in the kitchen counts as sex? "Hello?" Fingers snapped in front of my face as Janet slapped half the day's profits into my hand, before walking out of the place rambling on about buying shares and whatnot." She there she goes," me and the blue-haired man sighed in unison upon Janet's rushed exit. " To invest and be richer . . . Again."

"You don't say, " a laugh escaped said man's lips, and fuck he had a beautiful laugh, thick, yet light-hearted, however, his joy was short-lived as his body jerked, hand over this eye and breath shaky. "I guess I laughed too hard . . . My stitches pulled too hard."

He chuckled through the pain, before looking down at me with a cheapish grin as crimson red tainted the tips of his fingers. "What's with the sour look boss? Don't you already have enough on your mind?" He glanced back at Xianling, before grabbing a handful of blood-stained tissues from his pocket and dabbing it against the edges of his black eye patch. " I'll stop by the hospital don't worry boss. See you tomorrow?" he pulled out his phone and was already walking away when Childe returned with his duffle bag slung over his shoulder.

" He's such a. . . "
"Dick?" Childe grinned proudly as he followed gaze.
" No, a liar," I corrected him. " His eye has been bleeding for a while that tissue says it all. "
" And a Dick? A big dick?" Childe closer to me while still eyeing the door Kaeya had left through.
" Whatever makes you happy," a chuckle was all it took to make the ginger latch to my side again.
He paused for a moment, gaze shifting to me and spacing out," A proper date."
" Huh?" The gears of my brain got stuck as I tried to comprehend his words. " A date?"

He grinned and adjusted the black tie of his uniform with both hands. " With you one and only," he added. " How do you feel about eating that pie I promised you?"

" Childe they're probably closed, " I shook my head at yet another one of his flirtatious attempts.

Just as I was about to chase suffering Xianling to the locker room, I caught a glimpse of a cheeky grin forming at the corner of her lips, before the door closed. " Good thing I already bought it and left it in the fridge this morning," a proud smirk was visible on his lips as he took my hand in his. " Consider me inviting you to dinner."

" To your place? At night?" He huffed and gave my hand a small squeeze before he pulled it up to his lips and kissed the tip of my fingers.

" There is always tomorrow, " his breath tickled my palm as he spoke, but he did not catch onto my giddy goosebumps since his eyes remained focused on my hand. " About today . . . I'll make him regret it ."

My mouth went dry. For some reason, I had a strong idea of who he was talking about. . . And the strong need to serve "justice" was like a tempting apple begging me to take a bite. I swallowed, mouth dry and heart clenched. I wanted my revenge. My satisfaction. My release. My form of justice. But. . .

"Don't worry Little Miss," the Ginger pulled my hand away from his lips and intertwined our fingers like red threads. " I won't kill him."

Voice low, husky, and tainted in a psychotic feel of fucked up pleasure, his words made a strange tightening in my chest to loosen and then tighten again.  Adrenaline buzzing through my back, and a voice giggling in the darker parts of my mind. My gaze drifted up to meet his gaze and unlike before no fear dwelled in my heart, but pure . . . Excitement.

================================================================

Okay, guys so I'm trying to post as fast as possible without messing up the plotline, but I'm too lazy to check for Grammer mistakes so if you see a CHIDLE instead of CHILDE let me know. Again thank you guys for reading this story dispute my slow updates.