Year 9, Day 47

A/N: My title's already a dead giveaway, but for those who hadn't noticed, I entered Someday to #Wattys2015. If you guys wanna support our little lovers and promote diversity, please tweet or share your favorite #Wilby quotes and vote on this chapter. Happy reading!

P.S. This chapter is for one of my recent favorite authors, @michelle007, who wrote an amazing paranormal story, How Deep the Roots Go. Do check her and her books out; you won't regret it.
***

When Bobby mentioned we were meeting his brother today, he looked as if I was gonna say no or run back to my side of the fence. It wasn't just nerves; he was terrified, like I just found a dead body in his closet - which, by the way, only had his new guitar. Mom bought him one a few months ago for his birthday.

You should have seen his smile; no one should be that happy about a guitar. I guess when people keep taking away what you have, you cling on to what you're given more.

And today he held on to my hand like he clung on to that guitar.

"We're here," Bobby murmured quietly but enough to be heard.

Big's? I looked around to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Why did we have to ask dad to drive us to a gas station thirty minutes from where we lived to walk to an old diner? That's just weird, but Bobby looked freaked out enough, so I wasn't asking.

As soon as we walked through the door, Bobby scanned the room, looking for his brother. I spotted him first, seated at of the farther tables. It wasn't hard; he looked a lot like Bobby - the same messy, dark hair, gray eyes...

and smile.

I'd recognize that smile anywhere.

He was already waving us over when Bobby finally saw him and led us to his table. Austin stood when we got to him and gave Bobby a hug. Despite Bobby's awkwardness towards the gesture, he pulled away with a warm smile on his face.

Yup, his smile was better.

Don't ask me why; it just is. It's Bobby, my Bobby.

"How's my little Bobsy?" He teased, ruffling his hair.

"Austin, stop it," Bobby warned, but making no effort to stop him.

They looked so at home with each other. I wondered why they didn't do this more often.

Wait, did Austin just say Bobsy?

"And who might you be? Austin, by the way."

"Uh, Will. Nice to finally meet you. My mom called -" I didn't get to finish my attempt to sound really 'cool' because he cut me off.

Good call, I was about to enumerate all the times I almost talked to Austin. Ugh, do they sell uncool words filter at Walmart?

"The Will?" He asked, looking at me up and down.

Well, that was awkward. Should I have worn something else? Before I could over think the situation more, like I always do, I saw Bobby nod from my periphery.

He was blushing.

Blushing?

"Finally, 'be happy' Will in the flesh," Austin said. "And you're right Bobsy, his eyes are the perfect shade of blue. At least, momma picked your favorite color right, huh?"

"Austin!" Bobby yelled. A few people turned their heads at our direction.

By now, we were both blushing.

Austin only laughed. His laugh reminded me of Bobby's , and that just made the blushing worse. For someone who was never home, he sure knew a lot about us.

"Relax, I was teasing." He reassured Bobby with his arms raised in mock surrender. "Milkshake and fries on me?"

Austin was already calling the server before either of us could say anything.

Two and a half an hours later, when we've exhausted every embarrassing story we could think of, Bobby announced we should be heading home. I was a little disappointed to hear it, to be honest.

Austin wasn't what I expected at all.

Bobby always avoided conversations about him. What little information I have, I got came from his mom when she was screaming how Austin's sick or bad or possessed. I thought he had a drug problem or something, but he seemed fine to me.

How was he sick?

He's a lot like Bobby if you asked me, and that's always a good thing.

"Parker and I can drive you. It's faster." Austin offered, already checking his phone - probably to call 'Parker'.

Because I can never help myself, I asked, "Parker?"

"My boyfriend."