Oh! That's...hard to explain!

*This starts in the dark world. Kris is at the research lab, and they overheard a conversation between Tengen and Asher. Actual warning here, this chapter has mentions of internal organs and scars, if you're uncomfortable, please skip to the very end of the chapter.

"...this doesn't make sense!! A demon turned its hand into a buzzsaw and just absolutely destroyed Kris's stomach and internal organs! How are they still alive?!" Tengen said in an annoyed manner.

"I've told you many times, they have unusual abilities, such as regeneration. They came to me for help after they spent five minutes trying to regenerate!" Asher said, also annoyed.

"THEY SHOULD BE DEAD!!" Tengen yelled.

"THEY'RE NOT!! THEIR REGENERATIVE ABILITIES ARE WHAT SAVED THEM!!" Asher yelled back.

"THEY'VE GOTTA BE SOME KIND OF DEMON WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT, I SWEAR!! NO ONE, NOT A SINGLE HUMAN, MONSTER, NOR DARKNER SHOULD BE ABLE TO SURVIVE THAT!!" Tengen yelled.

"THEY ARE NOT A DEMON!! SURE, THEY MIGHT HAVE INHUMAN ABILITIES, BUT THERE IS NOTHING POINTING TO THEM BEING A DEMON!! IF THEY WERE A DEMON, THEY WOUKD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO REGENERATE ON THEIR OWN!!" Asher yelled without skipping a beat.

Kris started to get a bit overwhelmed by the yelling, so they went to try and de-escalate.

Kris tried to get them to calm down, but Tengen just yelled over them. Kris continued trying, but kept getting yelled over, so they decided to take another approach.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Kris yelled, way louder than they ever have.

Tengen and Asher looked over at them. 

"Uzui, I am not a demon. We talked about this at a hashira gathering. I literally have light in my blood, this blood allows me to have inhuman abilities, but I'm not a demon. We have talked about this. It's ridiculous that you'd go behind my back and start yelling about me being a demon. I really expected better from you. This is shit I'd expect from Sanemi." Kris said sternly.

"Sanemi is the one who suspected you were a demon, and the evidence that you could be a demon is there." Tengen stated.

"Of course. He just wants me dead, doesn't he?" Kris mumbled.

"Well, if you're not a demon, then show the scar." Tengen said, thinking that they wouldn't do it.

Without skipping a beat, Kris lifted up their shirt to show their stomach. There was a massive scar there.

"WOAH JESUS-" Tengen shouted, as that had caught him off guard.

"Oh, what's wrong? Was my scar a bit too much? Or is it the thought of having to literally regenerate my intestines?" Kris said with their soulless red eyes and the creepiest smile they had ever given anyone. "Is someone a little squeamish?"

"Oh mein gott...you know how I reacted to that...reanimated corpse." Asher said.

"That reaction was valid. It's not every day you find a reanimated corpse at some ruins." Kris said.

"MINE WASNT?!" Tengen shouted.

"I thought it'd be something you'd expect." Kris stated. "I will now be telling the other hashira that I am in fact not a demon, and that the statement that I am a demon is misinformation."

Kris let the other hashira know, and stated who they heard it from, and who was blamed.

"Instead of spreading misinformation about someone, ask them about it." Kris said sternly.

"Okay jeez..."

Kris just rolled their eyes, and turned to leave.

"Wait, you're doing research on dragons, fish, fairies, everything EXCEPT FOR KRIS'S BLOOD AND ABILITIES?!" Tengen asked Asher.

"Now that you mention it, they might have some undiscovered abilities." Asher replied.

Kris did not like the sound of that. They immediately ran outside, ran to the castle itself and switched clothes, and decided to go for a walk. They went to a sky archipelago, and sat down, no gloves. This is important.

Someone came up behind Kris, and sat down next to them. That being Tanjiro.

"Hey Kris." Tanjiro said as he sat down. "What...is this?"

"This is something known as a sky archipelago." Kris replied.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, and Kris shifted their position, and held out their hand, specifically the one with the sigil.

The sigil glowed. Tanjiro looked over at it, and Kris traced it with their finger, then put two fingers onto their palm. A ball of light took form from the glowing sigil, it floated up, and exploded into smaller balls of light, that exploded into smaller balls of light, and so on. The light just floated down gently.

"....thats the closest I can get to natural magic." Kris said.

"It's really pretty." Tanjiro said, smiling warmly.

Kris smiled too. "Thanks. It can help with quite a lot of things, like allowing the dragons to revert to their original forms."

They sat in silence once more.

"Tanjiro....sometimes I wonder if there are beings that are stronger than the titans. I've never encountered a titan, but I've seen leviathans and overlords." Kris said. "The titans would probably only take form during something called the roaring, which is when there are extra dark fountains, and it's something that could potentially destroy the whole world as we know it. I did have a dream about the roaring one time, and it freaked me the hell out."

"That's a valid question, also, a dream about the end of the world would absolutely be terrifying." Tanjiro replied. "Did you talk to anyone about it?"

"Yeah, I did talk to Asher and Ralsei about it. I didn't say it in front of the other hashira out of fear that Uzui would—once again—laugh in my face. Also, a part of me fears that someone I know might try to cause the roaring. Only lightners can open dark fountains....somehow. I mean, it does really make sense." Kris said. "Darkners are usually just inanimate objects in the light world, and there are some things that allow darkners to go to the light world. Darkners take form and have life in the dark world."

"Take form and have life, you say?" A shrill sounding voice said right by Kris, freaking them the hell out.

To be continued....